Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jelavic was better than Lukaku is?

Brilliant.

Oh my god.

It's like you're actually trying to be 100% wrong on everything.

Okay firstly I did not say Jelavic was better than Lukuku I said "as bad as" in terms of form. But Jelavic puts in a shift and actually played for the shirt when he was with us.

Secondly My opinion is different to yours so I will probably be 100% wrong on everything: I think we play better when Barkley doesn't start and he has been one of the worst starting players of the season (consistently bad, doesn't look like he knows where he is); along with this he just jogs around until the ball gets passed to him. I don't doubt he has potential but until he actually has a constistent good game he is just a bench player for me.
As for Lukuku again, I think he should either be dropped or played with Kone along side him to provide some sort of service; he doesn't seem able to take on defenders or hold the ball up for an attack. I probably am being too harsh on both of them considering most of this probably stems from Roberto's emphassis on passing just infront of our box.

Okay firstly I did not say Jelavic was better than Lukuku I said "as bad as" in terms of form. But Jelavic puts in a shift and actually played for the shirt when he was with us.

Secondly My opinion is different to yours so I will probably be 100% wrong on everything: I think we play better when Barkley doesn't start and he has been one of the worst starting players of the season (consistently bad, doesn't look like he knows where he is); along with this he just jogs around until the ball gets passed to him. I don't doubt he has potential but until he actually has a constistent good game he is just a bench player for me.
As for Lukuku again, I think he should either be dropped or played with Kone along side him to provide some sort of service; he doesn't seem able to take on defenders or hold the ball up for an attack. I probably am being too harsh on both of them considering most of this probably stems from Roberto's emphassis on passing just infront of our box.

As soon as someone says play 2 strikers (Kone next to lukaku) I just turn off and discount your view as clueless.

There is a reason the top sides around Europe don't play 2 strikers. 4-4-2 died years and years ago ffs.

I reckon that Rom's toe injury is still playing part in his performance. Certainly, I don't think none of us do not see that he's getting excellent service. Naismith has been a creative revelation.

As soon as someone says play 2 strikers (Kone next to lukaku) I just turn off and discount your view as clueless.

There is a reason the top sides around Europe don't play 2 strikers. 4-4-2 died years and years ago ffs.
Kone is better than Bergkamp at sneaky passes round the back lad so it's sound

In his defence, City won the league playing with two up top last season.

Like a lot of our players this season he has been handicapped by a manager who has made poor decisions all season long and has certainly not been in a setup which allows for his strengths and guards against his weakness's.

Could well of done quite some damage this season Roberto. Players like Rom and Miralass already questioning whether staying or not is best for them. I imagine players like Barkley, McCarthy, Coleman and dare I say Stones are all deep down thinking a move we'll have to be in the future reckoning...

As silly as roms comments, it's a shame 12 months has ultimiely lead to this kind of thinking.

There's no smoke without fire and ALL players should respect AND to a certain extent have a fear of thier manager. Many examples this year show Roberto has no such respect or fear from his players!

I think that's the biggest pile of rubbish I've read on a forum for a long time, and that takes some doing. Ever thought it might just be the specific players playing poorly and not being arsed?

I think that's the biggest pile of rubbish I've read on a forum for a long time, and that takes some doing. Ever thought it might just be the specific players playing poorly and not being arsed?
His post does make sense considering the amount of staff that have left under Martinez, although again they were Moyes' staff so it doesn't surprise me; Steve Tashjian seems particularly missed this season with the players looking off the pace altogether.

Finally got a good young striker with heaps of potential and you lot are trying to flog him after a few months!

Yes he has a gash first touch and is very frustrating at times but play to his strengths and he will flourish.

Martinez is the reason he's not doing well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back