Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon the development of the Rom-Naisy partnership has been an extremely bright light in what has at times been a mildly gloomy season. That we can all witness a further 3 years of this striking partnership surely gladdens the heart.

What, to play in their reserves? Lukaku couldn't lace Harry Kanes boots at the minute. Now a straight swap would be very interesting, but Pochettino isn't that stupid. Rom has potential for sure, but he's nowhere near the finished article, and what we paid for him was way too much imo. Mourinho getting Costa for the same money was a master stroke.
You make it sound like we could have got Costa if only we hadn't signed Lukaku!

Costa wasn't the same price, he was 32m, Lukaku was 28m - both deals probably had some of the outlay on reaching certain targets. So Chelsea got Costa for the same price we got Lukaku and Besic.

He's not the best at ball control so we need ruddy good service to him from the wings which has been absent for sometime. RM seems to also stick him on the right or left to then cut inside, which would work greatly for a technical 'dribbler' of the ball, which sadly he just isn't. With Rom being stuck up front by himself doesn't help him either as he ends holding up the ball and playing with his back to goal all the time waiting for others to make forward runs. Feed the Rom and he will score!

Costa wasn't the same price, he was 32m, Lukaku was 28m - both deals probably had some of the outlay on reaching certain targets. So Chelsea got Costa for the same price we got Lukaku and Besic.

And that's not forgetting that there was zero chance of us getting Costa anyway..

Good points you raise here LL. I am imagining that Costa would probably have preferred to come to Everton but I read somewhere about his wife stymieing the prospect since she wanted to live in London. That might be someone else though, so don't quote me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back