Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton haven't been a "top club" since I first became a fan (1991) so his comments are not a surprise, plus the fact he had no affinity with the club growing up so there won't be any emotional desire to stay.

The only surprise is the high opinion he has of himself. Truth is he's never shown he's an elite striker. Big, strong and physical for his age, yes, but technically lacking and wayward infront of goal. He heavily relies on service (primarily getting on the end of things using his physique) and was decent last season as Baines and Coleman provided endless chances from the wing...but when played on the floor and having to create something for himself, he is badly exposed.

Quite disturbing, you obviously equate being a 'top' club to who is winning the most trophies in a particular era, need I remind you Everton came into existence a long time ago and have been just as successful as your modern day behemoths, only not in the Premier League era. Chelsae and Man City, Ha I laugh in their collective direction.

Not written him off at all mate

Just think we got ripped off by Chelsea and the money could have been spent more wisely
Could have, but no guarantee would have. For all we know RM may have spent that extra 5 mill or so on Cleverley. Complete waste of money.
At least with Rom we are buying the now, but more importantly, the future. And he won't be sold for less that his purchase value unless some major surprise happens.

Can't even be arsed creating a thread for it, but that Rob Shepherd in the Daily Fail is at it again. Reckons West Ham (!!!) & Spurs will 'lock horns to sign Lukaku' in the summer. lollollol

This stuff is just pure comedy at this point. The days of even mild fume are long gone. The stories aren't even plausible anymore.

Everton haven't been a "top club" since I first became a fan (1991) so his comments are not a surprise, plus the fact he had no affinity with the club growing up so there won't be any emotional desire to stay.

The only surprise is the high opinion he has of himself. Truth is he's never shown he's an elite striker. Big, strong and physical for his age, yes, but technically lacking and wayward infront of goal. He heavily relies on service (primarily getting on the end of things using his physique) and was decent last season as Baines and Coleman provided endless chances from the wing...but when played on the floor and having to create something for himself, he is badly exposed.

romelu-lukaku-sick-goal-b.gif

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...s/V96r_AK8LEw/s0/06-04-2014-GifNumber-260.gif

http://giant.gfycat.com/IncredibleAngryGermanshorthairedpointer.gif

http://giant.gfycat.com/PolishedElderlyAbalone.mp4

Last edited:

Wait, what?

I mean...is it just me or does he look quite a bit slimmer in that gif? I honestly think he's a bit too big, that would be fine if he actually USED his muscle to bully defenders but ffs it looked like he was having a a hard time in the Liverpool match against the Welsh Xavi.

Can't even be arsed creating a thread for it, but that Rob Shepherd in the Daily Fail is at it again. Reckons West Ham (!!!) & Spurs will 'lock horns to sign Lukaku' in the summer. lollollol

This stuff is just pure comedy at this point. The days of even mild fume are long gone. The stories aren't even plausible anymore.

Swap deal for Andy Carroll mate, you read it from me first itk.

That's negging talk right there....

Don't half read some rubbish online..

The striker has dropped a big hint that he will look to leave Goodison Park in the summer, just one season after joining on a permanent basis from Chelsea. Everton broke the bank when spending £28million on the striker but following a disappointing season for Roberto Martinez's men, it would appear Lukaku has doubts over his future. There have been suggestions that a return to Chelsea could be on the cards, but this seems highly unlikely as Blues boss Jose Mourinho was happy to let him go last summer. However there will be no shortage of interest in Lukaku with Tottenham, who are desperate to land a class striker, leading the race for his signature. West Ham have also been linked but there is a big question mark over whether they could raise the funds, with Everton looking to recoup what they paid if they are to even consider a deal.

It's honestly like he's never watched himself play

If West Ham want to spend 30m on him I would drive him down there myself

Like a lot of our players this season he has been handicapped by a manager who has made poor decisions all season long and has certainly not been in a setup which allows for his strengths and guards against his weakness's.

Could well of done quite some damage this season Roberto. Players like Rom and Miralass already questioning whether staying or not is best for them. I imagine players like Barkley, McCarthy, Coleman and dare I say Stones are all deep down thinking a move we'll have to be in the future reckoning...

As silly as roms comments, it's a shame 12 months has ultimiely lead to this kind of thinking.

There's no smoke without fire and ALL players should respect AND to a certain extent have a fear of thier manager. Many examples this year show Roberto has no such respect or fear from his players!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back