Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got a rather long track record of doing it, despite being 21. Bendtner did the same thing.

As said, no problem with ambition, but he needs to shut up and get on with it rather than running his mouth constantly and belittling his current employers.

Spot on mate and that's the thing - person says to current employers "yeah i like it here but tbh I see myself doing better than this and joining the company down the road who in my opinion are bigger and better than you". We all know what would happen next. He's a cheeky little tit and there's nothing wrong with fans on here not being happy about it.

Disappointing that he would come out with those comments.

I love the lad and think he has potential to be as good as anyone, but as many has pointed out he has a lot to work on.

You can't knock his effort for us, but I feel that all he had to add into his comments is that he wants to achieve the top level with us and everyone would be raving about him.

Instead, he's annoyed the whole fanbase by saying he wants to leave for a "top" side and I think it's about time Martinez started talking to some of our players about these types of comments.

Get big Dunc to fist him or something Bobby ffs.

But Rom hasn't said that even if he has been quoted correctly which we don't know.

As reported by sky he said
Chelsea and I had a good reception,” Lukaku told The Sun. “They know I’m a good player but that I want to develop so I can eventually get back to playing for a club like Chelsea. “I don’t have a secret ambition to rejoin — there are other clubs in the world. I just want to grow as a player and eventually arrive at a top club again.”

When did "eventually" become "I want to leave now"? Fair enough to be insulted he doesn't think Everton is a big club although I think that is just stating undiplomatically what a lot of players think of their own clubs.

Think I used the wrong wording on that. Wasn't liking it to Lukaku, just making out a point that more times than not a genuine top player doesn't spout to the press about getting better and looking to move to a top club. They just play footy.

Its a problem with young footballers with an inch of talent nowadays. They have half a season of playing well, spout off that they're always looking for bigger challenges, then get touted for £20million.

They need to forget about it and do the talking on the pitch.

EG - For every Berhinho (breakthrough season, 10 goals, looking to move, £25million price tag), there's a Harry Kane (breakthrough season, 22 goals, hasn't said a word.)

I'm guessing its their agents just chatting in their ears.

Think I used the wrong wording on that. Wasn't liking it to Lukaku, just making out a point that more times than not a genuine top player doesn't spout to the press about getting better and looking to move to a top club. They just play footy.

Its a problem with young footballers with an inch of talent nowadays. They have half a season of playing well, spout off that they're always looking for bigger challenges, then get touted for £20million.

They need to forget about it and do the talking on the pitch.

EG - For every Berhinho (breakthrough season, 10 goals, looking to move, £25million price tag), there's a Harry Kane (breakthrough season, 22 goals, hasn't said a word.)

I'm guessing its their agents just chatting in their ears.
Fully agree with doing the talking on the pitch rather than in the press and tbh that goes from Messi/Ronaldo all the way down the talent spectrum.

Apparently we are still stuck in the moyes mentality of players who run a lot being prefered to players with actual skill?

Im just talking about Lukaku...hence the thread. And im not saying Lukaku has skill at all, rather that he day dreams a lot.

I reckon that most clubs in the world (outside maybe the Real's and Bayerns etc) look on with massive envy at Everton's Lukaku and Naismith combination. Martinez, despite getting a lot of undeserved stick (which @davek has admirably fended off), is a very good manager. He picks Naismith and Lukaku to work together and I seriously do not think there is no more than a handful on this forum who don't disagree with our manager.
so plain for all to see...

Has this lad ever seen himself play?

I don't mind saying now that he'll never be good enough for the sort of club he's expecting to join.
He's not good enough for us.
We're far too good for him
He's disrespectful and not very good
Hes paid a lot of money to perform a job for his employers
Maybe he should be on a performance related wage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back