Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or we could sign more players like Cahill, who give the club the best years of their career and still big us up years after they leave.
thats because he knew we where his level. Same with Naismith.

However if we don't want their level to be our level we need to sign young ambitious players in a mutually beneficial deal that improves us both and accept they're not going to show us the same loyalty

I shouldn't imagine any "top" clubs are in the market for a striker who cant hold the ball, lacks close control and can't stay onside just because he's clinical when it's as good on a plate for him.

I'd be interesed to see what Kone could do given a decent run in the team, not least because the when the ball goes to him in tight areas it sticks.

PSG are a massive club tho, they can attract any player in the world, they pay the best wages, win titles and play in the later stages of the CL.
Which explains why players would want to go there haha my point was that lukaku wasn't demeaning EFC or our history. Just that we're not winning and competing at the top level right now

thats because he knew we where his level. Same with Naismith.

However if we don't want their level to be our level we need to sign young ambitious players in a mutually beneficial deal that improves us both and accept they're not going to show us the same loyalty

Cahill could have played for any Club in the world at his peak, thats not me saying he was werld klass, but he would certainly have fitted in at most clubs at the top end of football.

Naismith could barely play in the SPL.

Apparently we are still stuck in the moyes mentality of players who run a lot being prefered to players with actual skill?
But Naismith is much more than just a grafter. He links all our play and creates so much space for his team mates. In my mind, he is unquestionably our most valuable player and I jumped for joy when Bobby (who similarly rates him world class) convinced Naisy to extend with Everton. I am pretty certain he would have had interest from big clubs worldwide

PSG are a massive club tho, they can attract any player in the world, they pay the best wages, win titles and play in the later stages of the CL.

No they are not. They are just awash with oil money. They were only formed in 1970. And have won one European trophy.

And they play in a pretty rubbish league.

But they are rich.

Look, I had no problem with Mirallas saying it, hes given us a few years, we havent kicked on and hes at an age where he wants to win stuff and play on the biggest stage, plus hes had to watch as Sammy Ets and McGeady were picked ahead of him.

No problem with Fellaini wanting away, no major issue with Arteta, Lescott all wanting off.

But a 21 year old, who is picked every week and has been at the club for just over 6 months? GET TO FLICK YOU OFFSIDE MAGNET.

Lets be honest he couldn't understand why he wasn't getting a game for Chelsea, that should of told us he had ideas above his station. That aside i don't really care what's printed in some newspaper, only what a player does on the pitch counts.

Arguably like on the other thread he over rates his ability, if he was lets be honest potential world class would Jose have let him go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back