Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the 0-0 Wigan game a few years ago. The Red Echo claimed Big Vic was babyish about his contract. The Goodison faithful BOOED Vic at every touch. Not good. Not nice. Not warranted - based on media dross.

Let's show Rom some love on Sunday - really get behind him.

In my life I have been given the benefit of the doubt many times - sometimes when I didn't really deserve it. Let me tell ya, I didn't 'arf appreciate it.

Somebody might also have a bit of a titty lip over how much they're being paid a week:

http://www.7sur7.be/7s7/fr/16196/Le...cinq-Diables-Rouges-gagnent-une-fortune.dhtml

Le top 5 Belgians
1. Eden Hazard (Chelsea): 250.000 euros / £185k
2. Vincent Kompany (Manchester City): 150.000 euros / £111k
3. Marouane Fellaini (Manchester United): 125.000 euros / £92k
4. Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea): 110.000 euros / £81k
5. Adnan Januzaj (Manchester United): 100.000 euros / £75k

No Mirallas or Lukaku in there....
Januzaj has a boss agent, 75k after about 4 good games, madness

Wouldn't have happened
Apart from when Yaya Toure did it to City in November.

Or when Suarez was wanting to move to Arsenal in 2013

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/06/luis-suarez-liverpool-arsenal-transfer
"Last year I had the opportunity to move to a big European club and I stayed on the understanding that if we failed to qualify for the Champions League the following season I'd be allowed to go," he revealed. "I gave absolutely everything last season but it was not enough to give us a top-four finish – now all I want is for Liverpool to honour our agreement."

Lots of players say disrespectful things about their current clubs. Not saying it is something that I am happy our players doing but we are not alone in it happening to us.

How about we also wait and see exactly what he said rather rushing to judgement on the basis of a Sun translation of an interview that wasn't even to them?

I'm sure we did.
I mean yeah I don't doubt we have scouts in one of the highest level leagues in world football, what I mean is the club were clearly set on Lukaku from probably this time last year, and didn't seem overly interested in alternatives.

I was at the 0-0 Wigan game a few years ago. The Red Echo claimed Big Vic was babyish about his contract. The Goodison faithful BOOED Vic at every touch. Not good. Not nice. Not warranted - based on media dross.

In my life I have been given the benefit of the doubt many times - sometimes when I didn't really deserve it. Let me tell ya, I didn't 'arf appreciate it.
If it is media dross,he can always come out and deny it if he is so inclined mate.

So the story is not even in the papers in Belgium supposedly,and he give an interview to a Belgium tv channel,whats the odds that what he is suppose to have said,is not what he said at all,who knows,but people moaning about using Everton etc is no different to most players using teams to so called get a better club

Sunday?

I think this bears posting again...

fMVptLp.jpg

...dont cut your nose off to spite your face.

This lad is very, very good.

He needs to speak up about what's been said in the next day or so to smooth this out. But it'd be a huge mistake to turn our backs on this feller right now because he's too immature to keep his trap shut.

I think this bears posting again...

fMVptLp.jpg

...dont cut your nose off to spite your face.

This lad is very, very good.

He needs to speak up about what's been said in the next day or so to smooth this out. But it'd be a huge mistake to turn our backs on this feller right now because he's too immature to keep his trap shut.

True.

End of the day, the truely best players in the world don't tend to say they want to "move on" to bigger things while at a club. Even when they're starting out.

Seems to be an English press thing or an ego thing.

Ronaldo wanted to leave United for a "bigger club". De Gea will follow him in the next year or two.

Bale wanted to leave Spurs for the same reason.

Ditto the Rat at the pit.

Any number of Arsenal players from Van Persie to Fabregas to that wee French bugger whom went to Citeh and whose name escapes me right now wanted to move to a "bigger club".

James McCarthy wanted to move to a "bigger club".

Moral?

There is a food chain in football and only two clubs at the very pinnacle of it are immune to having their players agitate for a move to a "bigger club".

They didn't openly come out and say I want to move to a bigger club.

Ronaldo was at United for years, won everything. Stayed a year longer and left. Never made a fuss about it.

All the arsenal players left to win things or money in final year of their contracts. Not one I can remember openly wanting out midway through a season.

Same with Bale. Never heard him say he wanted to go.

The rat is the rat.

Listen Rom. When you say " bigger club", if you mean Real Madrid or Barcelona then fair enough. But first try playing well enough to earn a move there. Helps us both.

If you mean Chelsea or city or a German or French side, kindly do one because those clubs can only dream of being as big as Everton FC.

Finally, I assume he didn't speak to the sun and it was a general press interview he gave. Everton staff are instructed to never speak to that rag and rightly so.

They didn't openly come out and say I want to move to a bigger club.

Ronaldo was at United for years, won everything. Stayed a year longer and left. Never made a fuss about it.

All the arsenal players left to win things or money in final year of their contracts. Not one I can remember openly wanting out midway through a season.

Same with Bale. Never heard him say he wanted to go.

The rat is the rat.
But Rom hasn't said that even if he has been quoted correctly which we don't know.

As reported by sky he said
Chelsea and I had a good reception,” Lukaku told The Sun. “They know I’m a good player but that I want to develop so I can eventually get back to playing for a club like Chelsea. “I don’t have a secret ambition to rejoin — there are other clubs in the world. I just want to grow as a player and eventually arrive at a top club again.”

When did "eventually" become "I want to leave now"? Fair enough to be insulted he doesn't think Everton is a big club although I think that is just stating undiplomatically what a lot of players think of their own clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back