Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronaldo wanted to leave United for a "bigger club". De Gea will follow him in the next year or two.

Bale wanted to leave Spurs for the same reason.

Ditto the Rat at the pit.

Any number of Arsenal players from Van Persie to Fabregas to that wee French bugger whom went to Citeh and whose name escapes me right now wanted to move to a "bigger club".

James McCarthy wanted to move to a "bigger club".

Moral?

There is a food chain in football and only two clubs at the very pinnacle of it are immune to having their players agitate for a move to a "bigger club".
Do u have a link to the interview where any of them said they wanted to move to a 'big club' suggesting the one they are currently at aren't

I dont know about that. It suggests to me he knows he's had to take a step back in his career to move forward again and he's responding to questioning from back home regarding his ambitions.

It's a mistake to have said it...they all think it though...and as said, not just at Everton but any player who's not at Chelsea and City - the only two English clubs who a player could genuinely say they were in the big time with.

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has refused to dismiss the chance of a move to Paris Saint-Germain. “You never close the door to a big club” Toure said in an interview with French radio station RMC. "The important thing is to continue my job, you do not know what might happen tomorrow. "It is always an objective to play at big clubs and win trophies," he added. ‘"he most important thing is to continue to learn.". This was in November of last year. After City had just won the league...

Don't think many footballers consider any of the English clubs as the "big clubs" tbh

Last edited:

If Lukaku wants to leave for a bigger club, he certainly needs to improve. The level he is at now is definitely not above Everton.

The players coming out saying they want to leave for bigger clubs need to remember, that it is them (the players) who are the reason why we are currently sat 12th in the table.

Somebody might also have a bit of a titty lip over how much they're being paid a week:

http://www.7sur7.be/7s7/fr/16196/Le...cinq-Diables-Rouges-gagnent-une-fortune.dhtml

Le top 5 Belgians
1. Eden Hazard (Chelsea): 250.000 euros / £185k
2. Vincent Kompany (Manchester City): 150.000 euros / £111k
3. Marouane Fellaini (Manchester United): 125.000 euros / £92k
4. Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea): 110.000 euros / £81k
5. Adnan Januzaj (Manchester United): 100.000 euros / £75k

No Mirallas or Lukaku in there....

PMSL at the woe is me, doom laden catastrophe declarations that people come out with at every bit of news concerned with Everton atm.

Imagine this lot back in 94 and 98...the motorways would have been jammed up with Evertonians throwing themselves off overhead bridges.

Ali ali alio....

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has refused to dismiss the chance of a move to Paris Saint-Germain. “You never close the door to a big club” Toure said in an interview with French radio station RMC. "The important thing is to continue my job, you do not know what might happen tomorrow. "It is always an objective to play at big clubs and win trophies," he added. ‘"he most important thing is to continue to learn.". This was in November of last year. After City had just won the league...

Don't think many footballers consider any of the English clubs as the "big clubs" tbh
Fair point.

Puts Lukaku's words into context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back