Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon that most clubs in the world (outside maybe the Real's and Bayerns etc) look on with massive envy at Everton's Lukaku and Naismith combination. Martinez, despite getting a lot of undeserved stick (which @davek has admirably fended off), is a very good manager. He picks Naismith and Lukaku to work together and I seriously do not think there is no more than a handful on this forum who don't disagree with our manager.

Dont see what all the fuss is about if Lukaku develops into the Top Draw player we all hope (he's some way off that yet) undoubtedly a" Bigger" club will come calling.
Much rather this than a "Smaller " cub interested in him , that obviously means he hasnt fulfilled his potential.If its the "Bigger " it puts us in a fantastic position ,dont see a problem with this because as always this club only ever sells for absolute Top Dollar.

Sooo

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 118
Where did he diminish Everton?
By suggesting it's a stepping stone club to something better...the very definition of being diminished.

I'm not getting OTT on this, I cant see the point, as what he's said all those other Everton players think too...and let's have it right - players at Liverpool are also looking to get a move to bigger clubs...it's not just us who suffer this.

But he should have exercised more diplomacy.

What worries me most is that some people on here, who are spouting absolute trollop, are be eligible for jury duty.

Thank God we still don't have the death penalty. It's a comment which is at best naive or a bit insensitive; he hasn't be offensive to the club.

He wants to one day play for a top club? So what? I'd be more worried if he didn't as that shows complacency.

Maybe he should have been more careful with his words, or the fact he's speaking to the press at all, but he does say he wants to learn.

We offer that... if we goes one day then so well, as long as he scores when he's here. Wishing him to go is just pathetic and childish.

If someone asked me if I wanted to stay at the same level in my employment all my life, without aiming for promotion, I'd certainly say no.

Is that offensive to my current rank? Employer? No, its realism: why should it be different with a footballer.

Last edited:
Impressive stats. I think Naismith's would be not dissimilar though.

Naismith at Everton

2012/13

4 goals 1 assists
2013/14
12 goals 4 assists
2014/15 (so far)
6 goals 0 assists

Sigurdsson averages over four seasons 6.5 goals per season and 6 assists per season
Naismith averages over three seasons 7.3 goals per season and 1.6 assists.

Sigurdsson on that basis defo has the drop on Naismith.

Naismith at Everton

2012/13

4 goals 1 assists
2013/14
12 goals 4 assists
2014/15 (so far)
6 goals 0 assists

Sigurdsson averages over four seasons 6.5 goals per season and 6 assists per season
Naismith averages over three seasons 7.3 goals per season and 1.6 assists.

Sigurdsson on that basis defo has the drop on Naismith.
Cheers for those stats mate. Intuitively I thought Naisy's stats would be a lot better than those....he always looks so good

Davek.
I am not sure any footballer should be left near any medium where the public can see/hear what they say or think. They invariably put their feet firmly into it. It must be a nightmare for managers . Remember what David Feherty said about Nick Faldo..he only opened his mouth to change his feet.
Your advise is the best advise, keep your mouth shut, but maybe telling that to modern footballers may not be so well received.

By suggesting it's a stepping stone club to something better...the very definition of being diminished.

I'm not getting OTT on this, I cant see the point, as what he's said all those other Everton players think too...and let's have it right - players at Liverpool are also looking to get a move to bigger clubs...it's not just us who suffer this.

But he should have exercised more diplomacy.

Ronaldo wanted to leave United for a "bigger club". De Gea will follow him in the next year or two.

Bale wanted to leave Spurs for the same reason.

Ditto the Rat at the pit.

Any number of Arsenal players from Van Persie to Fabregas to that wee French bugger whom went to Citeh and whose name escapes me right now wanted to move to a "bigger club".

James McCarthy wanted to move to a "bigger club".

Moral?

There is a food chain in football and only two clubs at the very pinnacle of it are immune to having their players agitate for a move to a "bigger club".

What worries me most is that some people on here who are spouting absolute trollop are eligible for jury duty.

Thank God we still don't have the death penalty. It's a comment which is at best naive or a bit insensitive; he hasn't be offensive to the club.
lol lol lol lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back