Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was on his own, surrounded by several Arsenal defenders 90% of the time he got the ball. I can only assume that those two misplaced passes negate the good work he did in the game, with the absolute huge pile of nothing he was given to work with, in your view. That's the only way you could rationalise saying he played "poorly". Either that or I suppose you could get there by holding him responsible for the horrific performances of his two partners.

Whatever you say. My standards for "played well" are clearly a bit higher than yours it seems.

you in the right thread? :)
Mirallas was terrible today though. Lennon offered far more in about 20minutes, and added actual application and desire

lol

Someone was defending Rom by saying he had no help from Mirallas today and I was just agreeing with him but I forgot to insert the quote :)

Whatever you say. My standards for "played well" are clearly a bit higher than yours it seems.

He also played "well" against Young Boys, yet he managed to score 5 goals in two games there and none today. It's the difference in quality of opponents, effectiveness of manager's tactics, venue and the performances of his team mates which make his performance today pretty decent all things considered. It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't poor.

He also played "well" against Young Boys, yet he managed to score 5 goals in two games there and none today. It's the difference in quality of opponents, effectiveness of manager's tactics, venue and the performances of his team mates which make his performance today pretty decent all things considered. It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't poor.

I thought the whole team was poor, hence why I just said Lukaku was mediocre - par for the course basically. I'm not singling him out.

Was very flat footed for the first goal, needed to be more alert and ready. Could have got a toe on it if he was.

He wasn't bad today, had a couple of decent chances but was always going to be starved of chances with out any support or creativity.

Everton need someone up top who can retain possession if they're going to persist with this style of play against the better sides.

Everton need someone up top who can retain possession if they're going to persist with this style of play against the better sides.
Or need midfielders who are not all defensive - Barry played centre half in the first half today, and the opposition sat back - the two goals conceded were a joke one from a corner (again) - the other from a lucky deflection!
No creativity to score only two saves made by their Keeper!

Or need midfielders who are not all defensive - Barry played centre half in the first half today, and the opposition sat back - the two goals conceded were a joke one from a corner (again) - the other from a lucky deflection!
No creativity to score only two saves made by their Keeper!
There's no chance of Martinez ever lining up without at least two sitting midfielders. He'll always leave a lone striker isolated in big games.

did anyone else have a shot on target today. if they had howard in goal he would have had a double probably
TH had very little to do the odd flick over the bar , and pick the ball out of the net twice - he has not kept a clean sheet since returning - imo our defence looks shambolic with him behind them - Robles got us four league points a draw in the Derby, and a win away at Palace - no goals conceded with roughly the same defence?

RM needs to pl;ay the right Goal keeper , and a balanced attacking side to create chances for Lukarku!

Last edited:
TH had very little to do the odd flick over the bar , and pick the ball out of the net twice - he has not kept a clean sheet since returning - imo our defence looks shambolic with him behind them - Robles got us four league points a draw in the Derby, and a win away at Palace - no goals conceded with roughly the same defence?

exactly my point, i don't want yanks coming on here and saying "what could howard have done with both goals?" it's noot about that, it's about the confidence he's obviously taken out of our central defence. stones is starting to look a tad like distin from the start of the season now - he was utterly flawless before howard came back - it's not a coincidence imo and we've gone back to looking like relegation candidates like we did before howard's injury.

There's no chance of Martinez ever lining up without at least two sitting midfielders. He'll always leave a lone striker isolated in big games.
So does Mourinho and Pellegrini in many big games.

Rom's problem is that the 3 behind have been poor or selfish all season plus he's been a little unlucky.

However recently his performances have been really good and he's looking more and more a top class striker.

Lukakus agents phone must be off the hook after todays showing with all these BIG clubs tripping over themselves to sign the useless turd up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back