Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever you say. My standards for "played well" are clearly a bit higher than yours it seems.

Mate, he certainly played better today and represented more of a threat and outlet than he was doing pre-Christmas.

Shame he got very little service .....

Lukaku simply doesn't give us enough in link up play. No wonder the MF never gets forward.

What perplexed me with Lukaku today was his decision-making with a couple of the chances he got. With the long ball that he did well to get onto in the first half, he could have tried knocking it over the keeper with his right foot but opted to try and push the ball onto his left foot. Understandable you could argue given that his left is his strongest foot by far. But then, with his second chance following his (good) run from the half way line he has the ball perfectly lined up 15 yards out with the ball on his favoured left foot -- and he shuffles it onto his right, and gets caught by the last defender!!! What on earth could have induced him to do that?

Lukaku simply doesn't give us enough in link up play. No wonder the MF never gets forward.

Link up with what? The rest of his team who are about 5 miles behind him and not going anywhere. Lukaku did a surprising amount considering how little he was given. It's not his fault Martinez is persisting with 3 deep lying midfielders.

Lukaku did fine today. Playing 3 defensive midfielders + Barkley was our main problem. We did the same vs liverpool and looked just as threatening.

I thought Rom was phenomenal today, his forward play was clever. He did a terrific job for us, and showed his knowhow.

His incredible ability to stay offside shows talent beyond his years.

So does Mourinho and Pellegrini in many big games.

Rom's problem is that the 3 behind have been poor or selfish all season plus he's been a little unlucky.

However recently his performances have been really good and he's looking more and more a top class striker.
And that's exactly why he was happy to move Lukaku on at the first opportunity. It's also the reason why the lad is living in dreamland if he thinks he's going to find himself back at a top club anytime soon.

He has a great attitude, is a good finisher, and in my opinion he gets about the park fairly well for someone so big and heavy. However, he's a painfully limited footballer, and I think he's going to have a tough time living up to his own ambitions.

And that's exactly why he was happy to move Lukaku on at the first opportunity. It's also the reason why the lad is living in dreamland if he thinks he's going to find himself back at a top club anytime soon.

He has a great attitude, is a good finisher, and in my opinion he gets about the park fairly well for someone so big and heavy. However, he's a painfully limited footballer, and I think he's going to have a tough time living up to his own ambitions.
Tbf mourihno moved on KDB as well who is tearing it up for Wolfsburg, not saying Roms at that level yet but any means but he's only 21 ffs so he's far from the finished product(I don't get how people expect him to become excellent at build up play in under two seasons at 20

Tbf mourihno moved on KDB as well who is tearing it up for Wolfsburg, not saying Roms at that level yet but any means but he's only 21 ffs so he's far from the finished product(I don't get how people expect him to become excellent at build up play in under two seasons at 20

The German league isnt really a good yardstick for anything really, its basically the SPL in Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back