Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Brentford slapped Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Means absolutely nothing especially considering Everton were heavily outplayed in both games.

1. No they didn't. Brentford's last game at Stamford Bridge was a 4-0 defeat. If you're thinking of the team that went there and won 4-2 recently, that was Bradford.

2. You can win 6-1 on aggregate and be "heavily outplayed" in both games? Righty ho.

Still cannot make my mind up about him. Cost a lot of money. His first touch is terrible. I am still cursing about it, Then he does something magic. People say watch his runs off the ball. Sometimes I think they are just in straight lines. Then he is chasing back like a man possessed. He divides opinion like mad. So much so I am still not sure if I like him or indeed rate him.

I like him. He was awful though last night but that's not to pick him out as they all were. Made great runs down the channel, had the ball and only once did he beat his man. Probably goosed though from the 6000 EL games we've played this season as Bobby mentioned(n)

Still cannot make my mind up about him. Cost a lot of money. His first touch is terrible. I am still cursing about it, Then he does something magic. People say watch his runs off the ball. Sometimes I think they are just in straight lines. Then he is chasing back like a man possessed. He divides opinion like mad. So much so I am still not sure if I like him or indeed rate him.
.same here mate , i used to be ever so indecisive but I'm not to sure now .

He's the best striker we've had in the Premier League era when he's on his gane.

He's also one of the biggest liabilities we've ever had in a team when he's not.

And the split between on his game and off his game this season has been 20/80 at best.

He could go and have a blinder against Newcastle, net four, then do nothing for two months.

Haha my god, i think that attempted lay off that led to their second was even worse than his cock up of a through ball for Ings at Burnley.

But he's only 21, it's prefectly normal for 21 year old strikers who have played over 200 first team games and cost more than most other strikers in the league to set up opposition strikers because their control/passing is so incredibly bad.

He's good, he's young but my word doesn't it look like we've overpaid for him right now?

He'll probably go onto have one incredible season and we'll recoup the transfer fee and maybe a little more, but I really think we could have shown a bit more imagination in the transfer window this summer and looked for a similar player at a third of the value.

He's good, he's young but my word doesn't it look like we've overpaid for him right now?

He'll probably go onto have one incredible season and we'll recoup the transfer fee and maybe a little more, but I really think we could have shown a bit more imagination in the transfer window this summer and looked for a similar player at a third of the value.

get an attacking midfielder in who will play through balls for him and he'll look every bit value for money.

get an attacking midfielder in who will play through balls for him and he'll look every bit value for money.

He might do mate, but we could have got Eriksen and Bony (Swansea fee) for less than he cost.

I think Martinez got too bogged down with getting Lukaku this summer. No doubt about it that he's got talent and a hell of a future in front of him but it was so much money for us to pay.

yep. simply put i think he get's bored. he's a £28m player playing with a team full of retards atm. nobody makes the passes he wants so he touches the ball once every 10 mins. he drifts infield to try and influence the game then, because good players don't let the game pass them by, they try and do something about it. the sad thing is, he sets up an attack but he's not in the middle where he needs to be finishing the attack off. that's fine if you have lampard running from midfield to get on the end of crosses, but we have 4 central midfielders who never score between them so they're nowhere to be seen. it's why we need wingers like we did last season instead of wide attacking midfielders like this season, way too narrow. affects the full backs getting forward as well.
This. The sooner people realize we are a Lukaku injury away from probably not scoring many, if any, more goals in the League again for the rest of the season, the sooner negativity will end!

He might do mate, but we could have got Eriksen and Bony (Swansea fee) for less than he cost.

I think Martinez got too bogged down with getting Lukaku this summer. No doubt about it that he's got talent and a hell of a future in front of him but it was so much money for us to pay.

lukaku's potential is bigger than theirs. yes, they're very good players now and better than lukaku, but lukaku will generate so much more in transfer fees throughout his career and he'll achieve a hell of a lot more as well. it's easy enough to say we could have done that, some things are never that easy.

lukaku's potential is bigger than theirs. yes, they're very good players now and better than lukaku, but lukaku will generate so much more in transfer fees throughout his career and he'll achieve a hell of a lot more as well. it's easy enough to say we could have done that, some things are never that easy.

True, I suppose I'm just being picky because he doesn't look like a £28m player now. Just hope when he reaches his potential we get more than the one season out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back