Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus not you as well, you tell me how it was racist?

and blue man group can also explain.
The post you made that caused this, racist or not, has caused consternation, clearly.

This stops now - no-one wants to log in and read "you're racist", "no I'm not", "yes you are", etc.

I expect to read no more in-thread bickering. If people think a post is racist, report it, don't partake in in-thread fighting. It will then be dealt with, as racism is not tolerated.

If this continues in here then thread bans will occur.

Last edited:

Read what I've put pal, I'm not on about goals, im talking about work rate, putting a performance in on a consistent basis, not once in every 5-10 games!

Look at Kane, Sterling, Luke Shaw last season, Mason & Bentaleb, Clyne, Alberto Moreno, Coutinho, Emre Can, Ibe, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Coquelin, Bellerin, Berahino to name a few who I think put more of a shift in on a consistent basis.

And name me 5 of Lukaku's goals that he's made himself then?!

And so he should be expected to do everything up front, be a target man and link player, defend from the front and close down, be a goalscorer. When your the lone striker in a system you have to do all those things, you can't just play up there and not do the unselfish stuff and have goals handed to you on a plate, that's not how it works. And don't make me laugh, he doesn't run around a lot through out the 90! I've noticed a lot this season that he hasn't been on the move much and it shows in our play when we look to play into him up top and yet he never makes the run in behind or drops short and we end up going back or sideways with a pass. On Thursday cos he made an effort, ran the channels and showed for the ball, we had an out ball and got forward a lot quicker than usual but he doesn't do those things enough for me and it's shown in our performances.

At end of day, like I said before, I won't get hung up on Rom having a good game once in a while. When he does, yeah, fair enough I'll give credit when it's due but if he's not pulling his weight, which a lot of the time he hasn't this season, then I'll also so say summat.
over half you listed are english. im not surprised lol

I heard Juve were going to be in for him...
Wasn't his brother going to go somewhere close by as well? The traitor!

But seriously, the main reason people want strikers is that one way or the other they find the back of the net on a regular basis. Rom, despite the flaws everyone seems so keen to point out, has done that for three seasons now and if that reliability continues it will be attractive to a lot of clubs.

For fun (yeah I'm that kind of person!) looked up Rooney's stats by year who for me has been one of the most consistent strikers of his generation despite playing out of position and a lot of drama on/off the pitch. I can quote the figures if anyone is as sad as me but so far Rom does pretty well in comparison.

If anyone genuinely believes Lukaku doesn't put 110% effort in every game I am baffled, honestly he puts a damn fine shift in for us as a lone striker.

Yeah his touch could be better sometimes, yeah he should've bagged a few sitters but at the end of the day who doesn't that happen to? Lukaku always bounces back and his desire for the club is as real as any of ours.

He's going to be one of the very highest sought after strikers one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back