Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
New manager will make him captain next season.
If we got a new manager next season I would put my life savings on Rom not being made captain.
Dreaming here.
Doesn't hold any real kind of leadership role on the field currently, and lacks the experience a senior pro has.
Stones or Macca will be our next captain after Jags.

I dare you to bet Kane would have scored more than Lukaku playing in this rubbish season of ours

Naa I wouldn't go that far but I'm talking about Kane's performances in general when it comes to consistency, I know he's got a lot of goals but this season it's been rare that Kane as had an off day, Lukaku as had plenty.

I think Kane is the classic case of overhyping a young english player. He's done naff all until this season. Fair play, he's been great this season, but you can't get too overexcited about a player until he starts doing it year after year. Someone like our very own Lukaku in fact.

I think Kane is over hyped but the proof will be next season and after that, see if he can keep up his goal scoring exploits?! But I'm more thinking about Kane's over all performances in general. Even when he isn't getting the goals, he works hard every game and leads from the front, links the play and does this to a very good level, week in week out, Lukaku for me blows hot and cold, and it's usually more cold than hot!

He is 21, he has great potential. I don't think we can ask for more from him at the moment.
Give him time to develop, if he can do what he did on Thursday over the course of a season we will win trophies.

In terms of what?

He's getting a few goals which is fair enough, that's what he's here to do, but I think he needs to work harder in games on a more consistent basis, it's not good enough that he just does it when he fancies it. And don't throw his age into the equation either cos I see 21 year olds across the prem working there bollox off every week!

In terms of what?

He's getting a few goals which is fair enough, that's what he's here to do, but I think he needs to work harder in games on a more consistent basis, it's not good enough that he just does it when he fancies it. And don't throw his age into the equation either cos I see 21 year olds across the prem working there bollox off every week!
Not many strikers, let alone young ones, are playing every week for 90 mins after having done the same the previous season and a World cup in between.

Costa for instance has been almost ubiquitous for Chelsea and there have been suggestions that his recent lack of goals is due to due to tiredness. Yet he has only played 2291 minutes compared to Rom's 2804 and that isn't even counting his games for Belgium.

Not many strikers, let alone young ones, are playing every week for 90 mins after having done the same the previous season and a World cup in between.

Costa for instance has been almost ubiquitous for Chelsea and there have been suggestions that his recent lack of goals is due to due to tiredness. Yet he has only played 2291 minutes compared to Rom's 2804 and that isn't even counting his games for Belgium.

Don't talk sense mate some fans won't be happy til we have someone like fletcher up top for us.

In terms of what?

What 21 year olds do you see doing it then mate and providing similar goals in a team that don't create chances for their striker?

Rom does work very hard and most of the time he's making his own goals.

He is expected to be everything, link up man target man, goal scorer assister
And he does it all whilst running around up top on his own week in week out for 90 minutes that is hard work so to call him lazy is asbolutely stupid.

I wish people would stop making excuses for him. He's 21, not 16.

He's been poor in the league, 'phenomenal' in Europe, end of story. If tiredness was a factor he wouldn't able to turn up at the level he does in Europe, so that excuse is a complete non-starter.

Cos Rom hardly played for Belgium at the World Cup, he was more a bench warmer. And what's Costa got to do with this? I find it a bit of a stupid comparison tbh. Costa as just come over from la Liga, a slower league in general to ours and as had to get used to the pace of the league and a new country. He's had suspensions and injuries along the way aswell so that's why he's played less minutes, but I tell you what, give me Costa ahead of Lukaku anyday!

I don't dislike Lukaku, he's got something, but I clearly see him different to others. I don't think he works hard enough or does enough when linking the play, doing this 3 or 4 times a season is no good.

I can't even remember the last time he had a great game in premier league, probably last season, but for me his best performances have been in Europe (Lille, Young Boys & Dynamo Kiev)! Is he trying to prove himself in Europe and put himself in the shop window?!...

But I'm not gonna jump on bandwagon when Rom as one good game in ten like most do. How he played the other night he should be doing so every game, or atleast trying to, and a lot of the time he's not arsed.

Naa I wouldn't go that far but I'm talking about Kane's performances in general when it comes to consistency, I know he's got a lot of goals but this season it's been rare that Kane as had an off day, Lukaku as had plenty.
We have been rubbish all season. Maradona would have been off this season at Everton.

Cos Rom hardly played for Belgium at the World Cup, he was more a bench warmer. And what's Costa got to do with this? I find it a bit of a stupid comparison tbh. Costa as just come over from la Liga, a slower league in general to ours and as had to get used to the pace of the league and a new country. He's had suspensions and injuries along the way aswell so that's why he's played less minutes, but I tell you what, give me Costa ahead of Lukaku anyday!

I don't dislike Lukaku, he's got something, but I clearly see him different to others. I don't think he works hard enough or does enough when linking the play, doing this 3 or 4 times a season is no good.

I can't even remember the last time he had a great game in premier league, probably last season, but for me his best performances have been in Europe (Lille, Young Boys & Dynamo Kiev)! Is he trying to prove himself in Europe and put himself in the shop window?!...

But I'm not gonna jump on bandwagon when Rom as one good game in ten like most do. How he played the other night he should be doing so every game, or atleast trying to, and a lot of the time he's not arsed.
Of Belgium's 5 games he started twice and was a sub two other times so he did more than hardly play especially when you consider that he had to do all the travelling and training anyhow - tiredness can be mental as well as physical.

If you don't like the Costa comparison how about you use one of the other league strikers who has played as much as Lukaku.....good luck with that as you'll have a tough time finding one. Injuries play a part in that but Lukaku has had his own - he played anyway. He has also had family issues - his Dad is very ill and he lost his childhood best mate - he's still played anyway.

And yet you expect him to be some sort of robot whose performances never vary and to do it at an age very few players have good consistency regardless of how young they were when they broke into senior football.

There has been a noticeable difference between his European form and his league form. That could be down to a lot of factors - less pressure, less pressing by opposition, the extra days rest might even help not to mention the rest of the team's performances. But obviously you'd prefer to wonder if he is just playing for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back