Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

See above post, chairman rubbished mirror story.

I wouldn't necessarily count on his words. Wolfsburg are the official cheaters of the Bundesliga because they're not owned by an oligarch, but they are massively subsidized by Volkswagen. All of their expensive signings are funded by VW (De Bruyne, Schürrle, Luiz Gustavo etc.). They don't have the international recognition, because they are a rootless club with little history, a small stadium and dull fans (all German football fans dislike them), but all they really require to become a strong force is a striker. Rom could easily slot in as their primary striker, because all they have is Bas Dost, a technically limited poacher who doesn't add anything to the team apart from scoring goals inside the penalty box and Lord Bendtner. And they will be able to offer him Champions League football. And believe me, when they get down to serious business Volkswagen opens the money tap again and they can purchase lots of great players if they continue their development.

I wouldn't necessarily count on his words. Wolfsburg are the official cheaters of the Bundesliga because they're not owned by an oligarch, but they are massively subsidized by Volkswagen. All of their expensive signings are funded by VW (De Bruyne, Schürrle, Luiz Gustavo etc.). They don't have the international recognition, because they are a rootless club with little history, a small stadium and dull fans (all German football fans dislike them), but all they really require to become a strong force is a striker. Rom could easily slot in as their primary striker, because all they have is Bas Dost, a technically limited poacher who doesn't add anything to the team apart from scoring goals inside the penalty box and Lord Bendtner. And they will be able to offer him Champions League football. And believe me, when they get down to serious business Volkswagen opens the money tap again and they can purchase lots of great players if they continue their development.
I was very nervous of them over the summer, thought they would outbid us tbh.

But given Rom's still got 4 years left on his contract guess our asking price will be uneconomical for them - not out of their price range as such, just very poor value for money. Not sure they are that confident on Rom that they would be willing to gamble the money required to get him.

Who would have thought that the one player we actually spent decent money on would turn out to be the lone bright spot of the season?

This is how football works Bill.

Reactions: DRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back