Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
In december didn't his best friend die? That will have had an affect on him.

He was burnt out at the start of the season too due to World Cup.

Oh, and as somebody else said - we make about 2 forward passes a game. It's not like Lukaku misses loads and loads of chances like Jelavic did, because he doesn't (he had 1 game where he missed a few sitters) - he bags goals. We just need to feed him more.

Ha, nice job preempting any mention of that leicester game.

Nah, I agree I feel like most of his problems this year have been explainable by other factors, his youth, the chances the rest of the team are creating, confidence, injuries, world cup hangover, personal issues etc.

I have no doubts about him as a player. I think he'll be one of the best striker in europe in 5 years time.

But it wasn't a great season for him and next season with other factors maybe going for him a bit more, I expect better.

I feel like there's a line to be drawn between saying Lukaku isn't good enough, which I'm not, and saying this season isn't him at his best, which I am.

I never bigged up anything Origi did. Never even brought up his name, neither do I like comparing players' stats across different leagues. I was just responding to an abusive idiot mocking Origi's league goal tally when its no better or worse than Lukaku's.

To make it clear, Origi is yet to do anything of.note in his career to be considered better than Lukaku and at this moment, he's not a better player.

Anyway, I'm not going to labour the point any longer.

You're not labouring the point yet you're still in this thread

Gtfo already

Ha, nice job preempting any mention of that leicester game.

Nah, I agree I feel like most of his problems this year have been explainable by other factors, his youth, the chances the rest of the team are creating, confidence, injuries, world cup hangover, personal issues etc.

I have no doubts about him as a player. I think he'll be one of the best striker in europe in 5 years time.

But it wasn't a great season for him and next season with other factors maybe going for him a bit more, I expect better.

I feel like there's a line to be drawn between saying Lukaku isn't good enough, which I'm not, and saying this season isn't him at his best, which I am.
Thanks haha, couldn't forget about that game.

He definitely could be doing better, but it's a lot of pressure on one man and a lot of others have let themselves down this season. Hopefully he stays and we reck on next year with him at the helm.

I never bigged up anything Origi did. Never even brought up his name, neither do I like comparing players' stats across different leagues. I was just responding to an abusive idiot mocking Origi's league goal tally when its no better or worse than Lukaku's.

To make it clear, Origi is yet to do anything of.note in his career to be considered better than Lukaku and at this moment, he's not a better player.

Anyway, I'm not going to labour the point any longer.

Someone asked who you'd rather have so you instantly brought up the mins/goal ratio, then changed it to mins/league goal

@james baldwin if you could swap Lukaku for say Origi would you?..

Also how is the above post abusive or idiotic in any way?

Origi looks like a bit of a Welbeck - not a fan.

I reckon Benteke is better than Lukaku, but his post-injury form has been a bit worrying.

Hello.

Romelu Lukaku scores goals.

The more chances the team creates, the more he will slot.

He is quality and has the potential to be an Everton great.

Not sure how Origi will pan out but at the moment he's nowhere near Lukaku's level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back