Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those stats of course do not factor in the disparity between the quality of the French League and that of the Premier League.
An objective way of looking at it would be performance in the Europa League, a competition both clubs played at and indeed were in the same group and faced the same opposition up until Lille's elimination.
Origi, goal per minute ratio of 444
Lukaku, goal per minute ratio of 79

I'd like to see you actually reply to that if you can

Otherwise, gtfo
I never bigged up anything Origi did. Never even brought up his name, neither do I like comparing players' stats across different leagues. I was just responding to an abusive idiot mocking Origi's league goal tally when its no better or worse than Lukaku's.

To make it clear, Origi is yet to do anything of.note in his career to be considered better than Lukaku and at this moment, he's not a better player.

Anyway, I'm not going to labour the point any longer.

Last edited:
Sure Groucho
Lukaku goal per minute ratio is 182 overall in all competitions.
Origi goal per minute ratio is 361 overall in all competitions
Sound, thanks.

I fail to see the point in comparing strikers by using only selected competitions rather than pan-season.

Surely it can only serve to start a distorted argument? Although I'm sure we all agree that Lukaku is both superb, but also under performing with 8 PL goals.

There is no two questions about it, Lukaku is absolutely boss.

How anybody see's otherwise is beyond me.

If you're saying he hasn't scored enough in the league, well then by that - our entire team is god awful.

Mins per goal? How many starts? Of those 25 games, 18 have been starts. Using a more accurate method:

Lukaku has played 2401 mins in the league. He's scored 8 goals making it a goal every 300.125 mins.

Origi has played 1728 mins in the league. He's scored 6 goals making it a goal every 288 mins.

So Original actually has a better goals per mins played b ratio than Lukaku in the league!

Origi is utter garbage and he could have a one in one ratio in France and it wouldn't change that opinion. He supposedly had this brilliant World Cup yet who was called upon to finally slot past none other than the most hapless keeper around Tim Howard? Lukaku. That's because regardless of flash build up play, in the big moments Lukaku scores and Origi doesn't. I don't need to bring up his woeful performances over two legs against a poor poor defence. Origi is the man who has singlehandedly extended Howard's career. Nice one.

With the right service Lukaku could easily bag 25 prem goals. He'll have probably half that number for a team that averages about two forward passes per match. Only one of these players is going to make it big in the game and it's not Origi which is probably why he's at Liverpool and Lille snapped their hands off for 10 mill.

Mins per goal? How many starts? Of those 25 games, 18 have been starts. Using a more accurate method:

Lukaku has played 2401 mins in the league. He's scored 8 goals making it a goal every 300.125 mins.

Origi has played 1728 mins in the league. He's scored 6 goals making it a goal every 288 mins.

So Original actually has a better goals per mins played b ratio than Lukaku in the league!

Seeing as we are being picky with stats then lets take penalties off the total to make it more even then.

Lukaku 7 league goals (without pens) 343 mins/goal

Origi 4 League goals (without pens) 432 mins/goal

He hasn't had a great season this year, tbf.

He's been in decent form over the last few months but he was equally very frustrating in december.

That doesn't stop him being a great player and one I'm very happy that we have but the idea that he's been immune to our problems which some people have (like the suggestion that our worst player was 'everyone bar lukaku') isn't accurate.

His form has suffered as a result of the form of the team suffering.

He's been in decent form over the last few months but he was equally very frustrating in december.

That doesn't stop him being a great player and one I'm very happy that we have but the idea that he's been immune to our problems which some people have (like the suggestion that our worst player was 'everyone bar lukaku') isn't accurate.

In december didn't his best friend die? That will have had an affect on him.

He was burnt out at the start of the season too due to World Cup.

Oh, and as somebody else said - we make about 2 forward passes a game. It's not like Lukaku misses loads and loads of chances like Jelavic did, because he doesn't (he had 1 game where he missed a few sitters) - he bags goals. We just need to feed him more.

Yep spot on. I'd add that the team form has suffered as his contribution wasn't up to standard too, it works both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back