Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldve couldve shouldve. Coming off last season couldnt complain replacing one young back up winger with another. Half the squads gone to shte and cant be to easy to get settled in it as easy as it wouldve last season

Hopefully lessons learnt and we have a good overhaul in the summer

I worry about the overhaul thing mate. Mainly because we've needed one for ages and it never happens.

And even if it did I'd be scared witless what he might bring in as replacements.

Gerard Deulofeu - although I appreciate that may not have been possible.

Mohammed Salah maybe?

I'm not great on suggesting names but certainly feel there could have been someone better for Atsu's loan spot.

But I guess we'll never know.

This. Got him in my efc master league on pes15 and he's boss.:celebrate:

To be clear I'm not having a go at Atsu. Just that he's not been what was required. For one reason or another.

Deulofeu was injured too remember.

Didn't think you were...for various reasons he hasn't been seen as much as we would have liked. Deulofeu was a different sort of player...either a game changer or a liability, depending on circumstances. If he does come back on a permanent deal I would be delighted and looking forward to some highlights next season. But we would still need a strong, direct winger who tracked back...thats the player McGeady has always threatened to be throughout his career, without fulfilling the potential consistently.

Who's arsed. I can't blame his agent really, we'll get a decent fee for him as well, sad to think we have to consider any player we ' buy' like this though.

If we do 'have' to sell him this or next summer then yes we should get a good fee. But, aren't we only paying for him in instalments? If so, we'd still have to pay off the balance to Chelsea first.

He hasn't had much of a chance though, has he??? He's still been an option though. I've no problem with us paying him his wage to sit on the bench ahead of George Green.

Problem being when he has had a few chances he's been a bit average to say the least.

I think there is talent in him though. We've not seen it though.

And if he's not played then would having a Green or whatever on the bench really have made much difference?

Do you mean from what we might not have paid already?
Ye we've only paid 8 up to now avnt we ? So we still owe 20 million so in reality wouldn't that only leave us with 15 million of anythink that was 35 ? I can't see no one payin 40 million for him

This is one of the moments when premiership football reveals its vapid, pointlessness. In 20 years British football will be dead unless it is totally restructured. We all know our only hope of success is some dictator or oligarch using us as his plaything. Its a long way from sport.

'kinell

Gerard Deulofeu - although I appreciate that may not have been possible.

Mohammed Salah maybe?

I'm not great on suggesting names but certainly feel there could have been someone better for Atsu's loan spot.

But I guess we'll never know.

Atsu's a good player, mate.

Sadly just don't think he'll get the chance to show it at Everton.

Depends how you define a big club though?
Chelsea are definitely catching up, especially now that they have all 3 European trophies.
Man City - no, you're having a laugh if you think they are as big a club as Everton, either that or you are basing it only on the previous 3 years
Historically we were the bigger club but currently we're not even close. You think Chelsea are catching up? How many trophies have they won in the last 20 years compared to us?

No. Did he admit he never should have left us?
Ye said handing a transfer request was the worst mistake of not his career his life. Seemed alright on the programme had a few stories said Keegan come to watch him play to get picked for England he said don Hutchinson stuck a hand full of deep heat down his shorts s they was in the tunnel haha, av just finished watching it there his best 11 he played with 3 5 2 the formation.

Southall
Gough
Adams
Keown
Parlour
Cole
Veira
Pires
Bergkamp
Rooney
Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back