Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Lukaku's always seen us as a stepping stone, he hasn't hid it. Not in the insulting terms his agent has just used but if he was a one club man he would have stayed with Anderlecht. Same as Fellaini. But it doesn't mean he doesn't care about the club, just that his own career takes precedence and given the short lifespan most players have can't really blame them.

As long as Rom performs on the pitch and handles his leaving with as much grace as the big fella did personally I'll be happy.

But he hasn't done enough to warrant another move for me. Fellaini developed and left. He's now an important player for United.

Lukaku is still raw. He goes to his 5th club (Anderlect, Chelsea, WBA, Everton, ??) before he's 22 you can easily see him slump into the Yakubu, Adebayor type player. Good journey man who will give a great season before moving on for money.

In terms of selling him this summer I ain't worried.

We'd want at least 10/15 mil profit, and no one's paying that.

I think this is the plan over the next couple of windows.

Absolutely. I blame Martinez and the board.

Not replacing Deulofeu or Pienaar with players who where fit for purpose was criminal after buying a striker for 28m.

The worst thing was this was blatantly obvious all the way back in the summer in pre-season.

I think this is the plan over the next couple of windows.
Bit a bit grim though if our 28million striker leaves. Then what was the point haha, unless the plan was 'Oi Bobby la we'll buy Lukaku then par him off for a 10-15 mil profit the next year and there's your transfer fund'

Bit a bit grim though if our 28million striker leaves. Then what was the point haha, unless the plan was 'Oi Bobby la we'll buy Lukaku then par him off for a 10-15 mil profit the next year and there's your transfer fund'
I definitely think that was part of the plan although maybe not the timing.

Put it this way, I don't think anyone expected him to see out his contract and if he did he was a disappointment.

I agree with you, but when you remember that Lukaku is only 21, so has probably been watching football for 10 years, and coming from another country - do you really expect him to understand why Everton are a bigger club than Chelsea or Man City?

Frankly, yes...as a "professional", if you don't know about your prospective employers' history then you're a bit of an idiot. And that's regardless of whatever long or short term intentions you have with said employer.

Park end and Lower Gwladys need to put aside there differences and unite against there common enemy, Lukaku

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

He's started games and not done well enough to start the next one. Would you expect him to be given a run of games when he was poor?
He only had one or two starts earlier on in the season, and he wouldn't be anywhere near up to speed with this league back then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back