Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said that it's your understanding that we could have got a better player on loan. Totally ignoring the fact that we still could have loaned other players.

So, in your understanding, which players could we have loaned that we never? You've mentioned one alternative, but neither me or you know if it was a goer... Not only that, but the Atsu deal was in no way a hindrance, seeing as we could have loaned another 2 players.

To be honest mate I'm washing 2 cars while having this chat so you're lucky I'm even composing words.

You said that we'd lost nothing having Atsu. Well we probably have. A load of wages. With little reward for them.

We've gained nothing.

As for picking alternatives, I don't play Footy Manager mate so don't know every player in the world.

For me it was just pointless unless we planned on actually playing him.....instead because of the signing of Etoo, Martinez decided he had to find room somewhere for Etoo Naismith & Barkley that he started playing these guys out of position and we lost all shape....
Also if it was Martinez belief that Atsu is not better than Aiden F'n McGeady, then he just shouldn't have bothered...
Naismith's purple patch at the start of the season when Barkley was out ruined our season which I feared it would.

Martinez didn't and still doesn't have the balls to drop him and eventually his lack of quality cost us when it counted in the Europa League.

However we didn't replace players in the wide areas in the summer like we needed to and would have been much weaker this season no-matter what. No Deulofeu, No Osman, No Pienaar. Going into a season relying on a load of very old players was a bit naïve.

To be honest mate I'm washing 2 cars while having this chat so you're lucky I'm even composing words.

You said that we'd lost nothing having Atsu. Well we probably have. A load of wages. With little reward for them.

We've gained nothing.

As for picking alternatives, I don't play Footy Manager mate so don't know every player in the world.

He's probably on about 25k a week. Peanuts really, to have him on the bench.

But sometimes Players, especially coming from other leagues take a while to settle in. Del settled quite quick, Atsu its took most of the season, and tbf to him he looks a lot better since coming back from african cup.

Personally wouldve took Salah though out the 2 if he was an option
Del didn't play till November. Atsu just wasn't good enough.

You think George Green is a better player than Atsu? LOL.
Honestly I think I would have. At least he's ours - If we're going to develop a player that isn't up to the job currently I would like to see the benefits rather than having to pay someone for the privilege.

He's probably on about 25k a week. Peanuts really, to have him on the bench.

That's roughly (very roughly as I'm woeful at maths) £900k so far to do not much.

Again, not having a go at Atsu. Still think we could have got better. As we did last season.

Not that any of this matters.

Its no real surpise though is it? Premier league will always atrract mercenaries. If you're not a scouser why would you feel committed to the club? Look at that little weasal across the park for instance. Even when its your boyhood club there's no guarantees of loyalty. Once a blue? Sadly its how the game is.

Del didn't play till November. Atsu just wasn't good enough.
Yeah but del settle into the speed of the prem quicker.

Players from other leagues can settle in quickly or it can take time. Atsu hasnt looked remotely up to speed until he came back from the African cup

That's roughly (very roughly as I'm woeful at maths) £900k so far to do not much.

Again, not having a go at Atsu. Still think we could have got better. As we did last season.

£900k - Wayne Rooney earns more than that in a month. Peanuts mate.

Its no real surpise though is it? Premier league will always atrract mercenaries. If you're not a scouser why would you feel committed to the club? Look at that little weasal across the park for instance. Even when its your boyhood club there's no guarantees of loyalty. Once a blue? Sadly its how the game is.
Jeffers played for his boyhood club,he was on that programme with Merson last night, anyone see it ?

Wouldve couldve shouldve. Coming off last season couldnt complain replacing one young back up winger with another. Half the squads gone to shte and cant be to easy to get settled in it as easy as it wouldve last season

Hopefully lessons learnt and we have a good overhaul in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back