Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it was just pointless unless we planned on actually playing him.....instead because of the signing of Etoo, Martinez decided he had to find room somewhere for Etoo Naismith & Barkley that he started playing these guys out of position and we lost all shape....
Also if it was Martinez belief that Atsu is not better than Aiden F'n McGeady, then he just shouldn't have bothered...

I don't think we've lost anything by getting Atsu on loan. Anybody who says other, should go back to playing footy manager on their pc. x

Gerard Deulofeu - although I appreciate that may not have been possible.

Mohammed Salah maybe?

I'm not great on suggesting names but certainly feel there could have been someone better for Atsu's loan spot.

But I guess we'll never know.
But sometimes Players, especially coming from other leagues take a while to settle in. Del settled quite quick, Atsu its took most of the season, and tbf to him he looks a lot better since coming back from african cup.

Personally wouldve took Salah though out the 2 if he was an option

The problem being we didn't we really gain anything getting him either.

Yes we did. He's an option. A better option than George Green. Just because he's not played much, doesn't mean he has not been a squad member.

Besides, with 9 games to go, I think we'll see more of him.

Kiev was a disaster, but he started the game. Would you have rather we never had him and George Green started instead?

Yes we did. He's an option. A better option than George Green. Just because he's not played much, doesn't mean he has not been a squad member.

Kiev was a disaster, but he started the game. Would you have rather we never had him and George Green started instead?

Is rather have had someone better. Which I understand we could have. But didn't.

I don't think we've lost anything by getting Atsu on loan. Anybody who says other, should go back to playing footy manager on their pc. x

You lose something every time a signing doesn't work out....had astu worked out (or been given a proper chance), then probably we would have more points now...and probably we already have a ready made replacement for Mirallas (and maybe Mcgeady isn't on the pitch to cost us in the FA cup)

All ifs and buts, but every signing (whether loan, or Free, or £28m) is important...

Same goes for Liverpool, when people say "well Balotelli only cost us 16m"....he cost them alot more than that if they miss out on top 4....

Rather have Professor Green to be fair

You said that it's your understanding that we could have got a better player on loan. Totally ignoring the fact that we still could have loaned other players.

So, in your understanding, which players could we have loaned that we never? You've mentioned one alternative, but neither me or you know if it was a goer... Not only that, but the Atsu deal was in no way a hindrance, seeing as we could have loaned another 2 players.

Its a huge summer for us transfer wise.....

Replacing Pienaar &Mirallas will probably decide Martinez' faith.. But also Distin, Howard & Barry.. .

5 key signings, if Martinez gets it right then we'll be back battling for Top 4.....if he gets it wrong, then he 'll be gone by November...
Let's hope he gets the backing of the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back