Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as we make a healthy profit in a year or 2, I don't care what lukaku wants to do.....if he ends up going to a bigger club for 40m+, then I'd imagine he'll have scored enough goals next season to have helped us get top 4....

Just a shame he's not English, he'd be worth £60-70 million (going by Raheem sterling's £50m valuation)...

3473981, member: 7927"]thats the way it goes

atleast we are guaranteed to get massive amount of dough[/QUOTE]
Atleast Bill will be happy

The point I was making is that I wouldnt swap any of the three for anyone else.

No chance id swap stones for any of those 3. Also it may not make them better players being english but morale wise it may + even marketing wise having 2 of the best young players in key positions for england is important.

All great for attracting players.

Doesn't make him any better than the others.

Laporte, Marquinhos, Varane all better than Stones.

Lukaku is the only one you could make a solid case for, but even then, there are other strikers at a similar age that are just as good.

I agree with you, but when you remember that Lukaku is only 21, so has probably been watching football for 10 years, and coming from another country - do you really expect him to understand why Everton are a bigger club than Chelsea or Man City?
Hate to break it to you mate but everton aren't bigger than man city or Chelsea anymore.

Hate to break it to you mate but everton aren't bigger than man city or Chelsea anymore.
Depends how you define a big club though?
Chelsea are definitely catching up, especially now that they have all 3 European trophies.
Man City - no, you're having a laugh if you think they are as big a club as Everton, either that or you are basing it only on the previous 3 years

He signed with this new agent to get out of Everton Football Club this summer. That is obvious and the agent's trash talk is a start of the job.

Why he would employ him if that was not the case ?
I definitely looks that way. :-(

However he's on a 5 year deal so unless an offer of over 40m maybe even 50m comes in we won't be tempted.

We could still keep him for another 12 months and then sell him then. Hopefully we will gamble with a few big purchases in the summer and make a run at the Champions Leagues because Barkley, Rom, probably Stones as well won't give us another season.

And if it doesn't work then we can still sell and make a profit in 12 months time.

I liked Rom. I wasn't surprised with Mirallas as he's a bit of a [Poor language removed] which we knew plus was at the right age to move on however I'm a bit surprised Rom has resorted to this after just one year.

Chelsea are definitely catching up, especially now that they have all 3 European trophies.
Man City - no, you're having a laugh if you think they are as big a club as Everton, either that or you are basing it only on the previous 3 years
I think he's probably basing it on what he thinks the answer would be from every non-Everton fan today.

Big does not mean fantastic history in England, founding members of league or any of that traditional nonsense anymore mate.

Big does equal a worldwide recognition and plenty of money. Sad to say it but both Chelsea and Citeh are bigger than Everton now.

Sad to say.

I still hope that signing Lukaku can be a big part of the upgrading of EFC. And if RM fails to build a team around him then any trophy dreams can be set aside for years.

This season has been bad and no doubt Rom is more than disappointed than most. He after all has been living off scraps.

An essential part of the upgrading for me is the non-selection of deadweight or mediocre players. How can Lukaku be happy playing alongside Naismith?

My pray is that RM unloads a bunch and pulls off three or four transfer strokes this summer before Rom's agent puts in a laughable pay demand.
Absolutely. I blame Martinez and the board.

Not replacing Deulofeu or Pienaar with players who where fit for purpose was criminal after buying a striker for 28m.

The worst thing was this was blatantly obvious all the way back in the summer in pre-season.

Not replacing Deulofeu or Pienaar with players who where fit for purpose was criminal after buying a striker for 28m.

The worst thing was this was blatantly obvious all the way back in the summer in pre-season.

Replacing Pienaar? He hasn't been moved on yet has he, despite his obvious absence in the side.

I would like to think that he could be awesome on the left again with Baines but I doubt it will happen.

Anyway, before I get a ban, we replaced Deulofeu with Atsu, just didn't work out as he's pump. And also now got Lennon. So I would say that the Lukaku purchase wasn't entirely detrimental !

You'd rather Kone, who hasn't been fit all year either, led the line instead?

What if we sell Lukaku for 40mil this summer and replace all 3?

Big does not mean fantastic history in England, founding members of league or any of that traditional nonsense anymore mate.

Big does equal a worldwide recognition and plenty of money. Sad to say it but both Chelsea and Citeh are bigger than Everton now.

Sad to say.
I understand that, and there is no doubt that both those clubs are a more attractive option than us for both players and new fans. But I suppose I'm still a bit old fashioned in that sense. I still see Aston Villa as probably a bigger club than those 2

It was absolutley obvious that we needed a striker more than any other position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back