Homepage Update: Lukaku's Everton Frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.
What bothers me is how amateur and foolish we have been made to look againg in signing player contracts. Why on earth would anyone related to the club be saying "it just needs signing, agreed in principle" when clearly Rom was not absolutely committed to sign. There should have been nothing more than "negotiation is ongoing" until a signed contact could be presented, NEVER count your chickens before thye have hatched!!!

My missus get's it sometimes because it has a good "womens" section. is she really a closet Nazi?. Do I need to get a divorce? FFS how can you be married to someone and not see the truth?:eek:

hmmmmmm......o_O

My missus buys it occasionally for those exact same reasons.

And as she behaves like a FemiNazi around me all the time, I am now seeing the attraction that rag holds for her :mad:

It's an interpretation of what he's said, but a correct one - he said he only watches and learns from four strikers in world football, and Kane isn't one of them. So it follows that he feels he has nothing to learn from Kane.
I'm going from the headline mate. I didn't read the article. Just went on to look at the comments section.

But the headlines give the impression he actually said "I've got nothing to learn from Kane". Which he didn't. He wasn't even asked the question. He just quoted a number of players that he looks to to learn from. Kane wasn't on that list but neither was Conte, Aguero, and countless others. So why singe out Kane?.

What bothers me is how amateur and foolish we have been made to look againg in signing player contracts. Why on earth would anyone related to the club be saying "it just needs signing, agreed in principle" when clearly Rom was not absolutely committed to sign. There should have been nothing more than "negotiation is ongoing" until a signed contact could be presented, NEVER count your chickens before thye have hatched!!!

Agree with that.

On the other hand Jim White has been replaying the tape where the agent says it is 99.99999% certain Rom will sign so if the club were saying it and the agent was saying it a mere week ago, was Rom being disingenuous with both parties?

But as you suggest......it is yet another embarrassment no matter what way you spin it.

I'm going from the headline mate. I didn't read the article. Just went on to look at the comments section.

But the headlines give the impression he actually said "I've got nothing to learn from Kane". Which he didn't. He wasn't even asked the question. He just quoted a number of players that he looks to to learn from. Kane wasn't on that list but neither was Conte, Aguero, and countless others. So why singe out Kane?.

Because that's what the Daily Fail does - alarm people with extreme interpretations.

The problem is that they aren't factually wrong, so they get away with it.

It's like when they say immigrants are "flooding into" the UK. It's over the top and extreme, but because it is another term for "entering" it's still correct.

As soon as I saw his goal "celebration" or actually the total lack of it (!!) last Saturday I thought it was pretty obvious that the 0.00000001% issue with his contract was in reality more like a 50% problem! The timing of this interview is poor at best and stinks of a recent tap up at worst!

Because that's what the Daily Fail does - alarm people with extreme interpretations.

The problem is that they aren't factually wrong, so they get away with it.

It's like when they say immigrants are "flooding into" the UK. It's over the top and extreme, but because it is another term for "entering" it's still correct.
Horrible paper.

as I say, I don't actually read the articles. I just go on there to read the comments

Get rid as soon as possible, no more talks, tell other clubs available fo 80m plus
Everton will go on, players, managers, coaches are just occupying the space for a brief period of time.
His words at this time are very damaging to Everton and the prospects of signing some players we may be in for, these remarks may well unsettle some of our present players.
A big question now comes, should Lukaku play for the team again, most will say yes.
However, if it was me he would spend the rest of his time with the under 16s, that may cost us, but we must show Everton is bigger than any player.
These words could have been said in private, or at the end of the season, no he has decided to undermine the club at a very important time, Europa league looks easily obtainable, a new stadium, according to Peel holdings is only a few years away, yet this man and his vile agent throw a spanner in the works with this onslaught on our club, deriding our history and questioning our ability to ever win anything again.
There is a right way and a wrong way to conduct yourself, and if at the end of the season he wanted to leave, I could accept that and he could have gone with good grace, but this is beyond the pale for me.
If he worked for me he would be shitting himself this morning, never suffer fools and most of all disloyalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.