Man City v Everton. 6th Dec at 17.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't deserve to win, but we didn't deserve to lose either. Both teams were absolutely awful and the ref pretty much handed the game to City. Quite pleased with the improved performance in the second half as it was better than what we've seen in recent weeks. Roberto's subs were a bit mental. Should of subbed Barry rather than Besic IMO, likewise, Hibbert should have been replaced by McGeady. Hibbert didnt do anything wrong, but City weren't doing much, and Coleman at RM wasnt working.

We Are not playing good atm but still not getting outplayed so if we get last seasons form going then we will be good.
Or just win the EL ;)

When did our fans turn into rs, this over-reaction is pathetic. Its just a game. We lost 1 nil to the champions, which was given to them by the ref and then we're protected by the ref till the whistle blew. We're in bad form and this wasn't the game we needed tonight. We cant turn this into a crisis like the rs do at every loss. There no need to add extra pressure on to the manager and players by acting like dickheads. Martinez is still learning and we're also qualified through the Euro groups already, This season got a lot of twists left. I must still be the only excited fan on here.
Europa has been good, but you seriously cannot be blind to the insipid turd we're serving up as premiership football. If the Man city result was isolated and we'd won everything else/most of our matches, fair enough, but see Leicester, Arsenal, Hull, Crystal palace, Tottenham for absolute dross. One win in how long? The players look leggy and apathetic. I've not lost faith in Martinez, but this isn't just a blip, it's half a season now.

clattenburg had quite possibly taken a bung of some sort. given he's got form for it and it bent as a bob, it was the most shocking thing i've seen on a football field and it got rewarded.

this performance from marriner was just totally inept. a city player, i think it was milner made a dive and he waved it away, barkley does it and he blows up and gives him a yellow. there was the same amount of contact on barkley's "dive" as there was for the penalty that was given.

these things never ever themselves out, anyone who says that about everton is talking out of their arse tbh. i don't remember everton games where we have loads on loads of decisions go in our favour. the odd soft penalty yes.

i hope martinez rips the absolte rear end into him. we're way too kind about referees. every single one in this league is incompatant. you will not see many people perform that spectacularly bad in their everyday work and get away with it

i agree with you but both wolfsburg games were highly in our favour

Feel sick.

Before kick off I wasn't expecting much as City had started to hit form and we've been all kinds of gash, but that performance by the ref and the first 60 minutes of our play has been a right kick in the stomach.

Barry has been dire for weeks, would have much preferred Besic staying on with Barkley next to him.
I couldn't understand how Barry remained on the pitch after that performance and being on a yellow card,couldn't believe it when he brought Besic off.

Again, let me reiterate that there are some positives from that. One long term concern is Baines. He has really gone of the boil in attack. And Barry looks like he's still injured or has legs have gone. Poor game from him (but he was asked to do a lot after Besic came off).

Why can't we be good when everyone else is struggling? As someone else said on here today, we are bang average along with ar least 17 other teams, west ham can go 3rd tomorrow, and as we have seen they are mediocre.

As for today's performance, it was the same as every weekend, just meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.