Man City v Everton. 6th Dec at 17.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful ref aside, we were pretty useless. If we ever needed a big carrot dangling infront of us saying go on, you can get something here, then Aguero limping off was it, but no we do what we do best, stroll about at pedestrian pace and get punished. Barry had a shocker, Barkley is worrying me greatly recently, and don't even get me started on our set pieces, why do we even bother with them.

City were there for the taking and once again we fail to seize our chance, i'm genuinely struggling to take any positives from that game, this season can [Poor language removed] right off for me.

Anyway, i'll sleep on it and be over it by tomorrow, k'off everton

No, balls to that. They should of been down to 9 men and 0-0 at 20 minutes into the game, and we would of giving them a dry bumming. There were definitely poor performances from individual players, such as Barry, Hibbert and Eto'o, but irregardless we would have had a two man advantage.

Ok now I think your on the wind up

No, balls to that. They should of been down to 9 men and 0-0 at 20 minutes into the game, and we would of giving them a dry bumming. There were definitely poor performances from individual players, such as Barry, Hibbert and Eto'o, but irregardless we would have had a two man advantage.
Don't understand why you think Eto'o was poor
He was the classiest player on the pitch

Mixed emotions after that match: some good; mostly bad.

If you'd have said City to win 1-0 before the game I wouldn't have been 'happy', but I was considering a lot worse so it was acceptable.

Also while others may disagree, I do not actually believe that we were as poor today as we were on Wednesday evening.

HOWEVER, there are very little other positives I can take from this evening. It was another tepid and uninspiring performance from most the lads.

We're slow; we lack movement; our passing is limited to at times atrocious. You can see that their confidence is low, which is effecting our game.

It would be easier to swallow if the players showed some passion, but in the mainstay they seem as if they aren't (bar a few).

As others have mentioned, when you're losing then there should be some fire in their belly; examples of pushing forward. Trying to get goals.

Are they being told not too? Are they lacking ideas? Is everything okay in the camp? I don't know.....

Many will blame the referee this evening as I'm aware. Obviously it didn't help and he was extremely poor, but we were still pretty woeful.

Sometimes things aren't going your way, so you need the effort and guile to pull through. Currently, I see little of either.

Do you think martinez should be sacked mate
No, not at the moment, not because I want him, but he has so many fooled especially in the media we would be hammered for it, I remember the uproar when Hughes got sacked from city and Allerdyce from Newcastle, don't want our name all over the rags for that. If we could get away with it I'd bin him and Bring in someone else, someone like a modern day Joe Royle or even Joe Royle

what I want to know is how come when are passing is as dire as this Steven Pienaar can't get on the pitch? It's obviously not due to his lack of pace as the players are clearly instructed not to run faster than a brisk trot.

When did our fans turn into rs, this over-reaction is pathetic. Its just a game. We lost 1 nil to the champions, which was given to them by the ref and then we're protected by the ref till the whistle blew. We're in bad form and this wasn't the game we needed tonight. We cant turn this into a crisis like the rs do at every loss. There no need to add extra pressure on to the manager and players by acting like dickheads. Martinez is still learning and we're also qualified through the Euro groups already, This season got a lot of twists left. I must still be the only excited fan on here.
You need to open your eyes and see how we are playing before you get over excited.

Subs wrong big time. should have been Osman and not Barkley on and Hibbo off Coleman drops back and let McGeady at them. Big miss for us today was Naismith.Berkley should buck up his ideas or he will be another (him that when to the Barcodes)Dan -----

Status
Not open for further replies.