Man City v Everton. 6th Dec at 17.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most teams will go to the Etihad and lose this season. Can't be judging Everton after this result lads.

Although, City were without Silva, Aguero AND Kompany. Could have had more of a go at them. But like I said, not a barometer to measure your season by. Next game will be though.

poor again no plan B was Coleman in midfield plan B, Barkley the new Gazza give me a break plus his a diver now will give Ashley young a run for his money. i feel sorry for lukaku to play in that side he has to make his own goal chances. top 4 we will be lucky to stay up if this rubbish football continues.

I've never been so embarrassed by a refereeing performance in my life; Mangala with a De Jong esque 'tackle' which is should be reviewed and punished accordingly, the softest penalty you'll see this season (with his sight blocked), fernando taking Barrys head off, Barkley being booked for simulation which I think is the worst decision of the bunch. It's insulting. He was awful from the start, ruined the game! Hope Martinez rips him apart in his interviews

Simple managerial strategy from Roberto, take off the player on a yellow card. He didn't and a Besic-Barkley combo could have been useful.

what I want to know is how come when are passing is as dire as this Steven Pienaar can't get on the pitch? It's obviously not due to his lack of pace as the players are clearly instructed not to run faster than a brisk trot.

....Pienaar anywhere near his best would start but he's clearly some way off the pace.

There is nothing in our play to suggest this will get better

Glad you lot are confident we won't get dragged into a relegation fight because I'm not, I think any team in the league could beat us at the moment, We are to easy to get at and have little threat up front

Martinez has bought himself time due to last season which is a shame

I a
Mixed emotions after that match: some good; mostly bad.

If you'd have said City to win 1-0 before the game I wouldn't have been 'happy', but I was considering a lot worse so it was acceptable.

Also while others may disagree, I do not actually believe that we were as poor today as we were on Wednesday evening.

HOWEVER, there are very little other positives I can take from this evening. It was another tepid and uninspiring performance from most the lads.

We're slow; we lack movement; our passing is limited to at times atrocious. You can see that their confidence is low, which is effecting our game.

It would be easier to swallow if the players showed some passion, but in the mainstay they seem as if they aren't (bar a few).

As others have mentioned, when you're losing then there should be some fire in their belly; examples of pushing forward. Trying to get goals.

Are they being told not too? Are they lacking ideas? Is everything okay in the camp? I don't know.....

Many will blame the referee this evening as I'm aware. Obviously it didn't help and he was extremely poor, but we were still pretty woeful.

Sometimes things aren't going your way, so you need the effort and guile to pull through. Currently, I see little of either.

I agree. I miss the days when we played crap but put in a few good ol tackles and some studs in when our players get manhandled by the opponents. The players are either very composed and simply, as you said, playing without passion.

I don't think Chelsea needs to worry too much about City.
And Everton?...we are not very good. I am not kneejerking or anything as I spent most of that game laughing at the ineptitude of players, officials and managers. But we are not very good. 11-15th in the League this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.