Man City v Everton. 6th Dec at 17.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already at the point where league results feel meaningless because the the team isn't really playing for anything.

Looking forward to the FA Cup.

Yeah, City were crap but they didn't need to be any better.

They could just play at half speed, hold us off and take the 1-0. We're the ones who had to go up the gears to get anything and we couldn't. I want us to be better than that rather than accept an insipid loss away from home as just our due. Christ almighty, wasn't the whole thing about Bobby was that this wouldn't happen anymore?
They didn't deserve their goal though, and things might have well been very different if they had to play 75 minutes with 10 men.

Austin missing for the game at Goodison which is a plus

Massive game that now, Lose that and we have a fight on our hands down the bottom

Better. Such a shame that a stupidly soft and out of the blue penalty had to decide the game.

We have to do more going forward though. If we didn't have Rom, we'd be in all kinds of trouble. He seems to be able to make something (usually a goal) of chances even if he gets just one a game like today. Deserved a goal for his effort, but Hart earned his clean sheet brilliantly with a world class save.

We're way behind where we should be by now. 8-10 points out of the next 4 games is in order.

As I said earlier, not concerned we lost tonight as it was always on the cards the way we've been playing. We need about 5 new players and a clearout of about the same amount. And I don't know what Roberto has against quick passing but he might be surprised to find out that its better than slow passing.

There is nothing in our play to suggest this will get better

Glad you lot are confident we won't get dragged into a relegation fight because I'm not, I think any team in the league could beat us at the moment, We are to easy to get at and have little threat up front

Martinez has bought himself time due to last season which is a shame

You always over-react to games, don't even know why you support football, you don't have the nerves for it.

They didn't deserve their goal though, and things might have well been very different if they had to play 75 minutes with 10 men.

Sure, the ref was appalling.

But once they were given a goal, they could afford to stop playing. The fact that we were the better team in the second half when they had that lead and didn't need to play means nothing at all. We were always going to be the better team, we still couldn't do anything with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back