Man City v Everton. 6th Dec at 17.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am fuming mad on this one, I would rather have lost 4-0 than 1-0 in those circumstances of a non-existent penalty being given and only yellows being dished out for dangerous assaults.

Quite what has Barry got to do to be ever substituted? He gets a yellow, we are 1-0 nil down, so yes, let's take off Besic who had been playing really well. Baffling.

Really disappointed in Lukaku's effort tonight, some really half-hearted lazy moments tonight, entering challenges as the 80-20 favourite but still managing to lose out most times.

Eto'o was our best player tonight by absolute light years

Sure, the ref was appalling.

But once they were given a goal, they could afford to stop playing. The fact that we were the better team in the second half when they had that lead and didn't need to play means nothing at all. We were always going to be the better team, we still couldn't do anything with it.

so by your logic any team winning 1-0 will then let the other team be better?

Today I lost respect for Bobbie, why not bring an attacking player on for Hibbert with 30 mins or less left? We had nothing to lose and Coleman is not a winger. McGeedy must be wondering how he is going to play again

How can anyone defend

Osman on with 2 mins to go. That's moyes all over. If u gonna bring on a sub then it has to be someone who can go past someone as city had 2 lines of defense last 20 mins no passes were gonna get tru. If osman was coming (he shouldnt be but)on do it 15 mins before anyway

Colman was nowhere near effective wide midfield. If mc Geady put in a performance like that he'd be slated on here. Hibbert should have been taken off (he was solid but we were 1 goal down and no sign of one coming ) colman back.

10 Tip tap passes in the 92nd min around the centre circle while city stood off and were probaly wondering what the fuk this lot think they r doing.Fuk off.

Baines allowed to take corners. Laughable how a professional manager can allow consistent rubbish corners. If I was playing and I saw Baines heading over to the corner I grab him by his side fringe ( he spends half the match fixing the fukin thing) and punch his face until he got the message to stay away

Lack of service to lukaku. The lad can finish so give him some chances.

I dunno this just pissing me off since end of last season we have been rubbish. Better than sleeping pills they are.

how we miss McCarthy, Naismith, i'd even say Gibson is better than Barkley to Everton when he plays. i think Ross has to take his head out of the clouds this new Gazza has gone to his head and this playing at the world cup in fairness jimmy bullard would get into that England squad. i hope i am wrong but is Barkley the new Rodwell is going that way anyway if city do give silly money take it and run.

When did our fans turn into rs, this over-reaction is pathetic. Its just a game. We lost 1 nil to the champions, which was given to them by the ref and then we're protected by the ref till the whistle blew. We're in bad form and this wasn't the game we needed tonight. We cant turn this into a crisis like the rs do at every loss. There no need to add extra pressure on to the manager and players by acting like dickheads. Martinez is still learning and we're also qualified through the Euro groups already, This season got a lot of twists left. I must still be the only excited fan on here.
I'm with you. We'll get it together soon once we get players back to fitness. On the bright side we haven't suffered any serious injuries in the last couple of matches. Which is a refreshing change.

Just watched the passing stats.....jeez those are awful. Eto'o: 76%, Distin: 76%, Mirallas 78%, Lukaku: 78%, Hibbert: 80%, Barry: 80%, Coleman: 82%
Decent ones were Baines: 88%, Barkley: 90%, Besic: 90%, Jags: 91%.

So if we didnt have our names dragged through mud, you would bin him off now. ? Bring in joey royle ?
Maybe not Joe Royle, but Yes I would but you have to understand this is not kneejerking, if you look through the Martinez mask thread I have been consistent even last season I call it how I see it, I don't say things for the likes like some I say it because I firmly believe it, that style of play is not good enough in the league, the better teams in this league will just beat us and the weaker teams will sit back and know that we won't create, we are currently wasting the best squad of my Everton supporting lifetime in my opinion. This season is at this point a write off, if we win the next 7 games you wont hear from me but we won't and you will, its not good enough, even under moyes we created chances 1 this game nothing against spurs but a wonder goal nothing against hull after we scored west ham we had a great etoo chance other than the 2 goals we cant get by on 2 or 3 chances a game and the reason for that is we build so slowly we allow teams to get into position and stop us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back