Man Utd 0-1 Everton. 4th Dec @ 19.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if I could set him on fire mate (y)

In all seriousness, I think he's being over hyped by the press. Oviedo and Pienaar were great on Saturday and didn't even get a mention. He's great when he charges down the pitch but he'll need more of an end product and be more of a team player before I warm to him

He'll need to be 25 before I like him I think. He's just too immature and clearly has no will to change his ways

He's class mate.

We dont need to fear a team that plays Nani, Danny Welbeck and frigging Tom bstarding Cleverley, not a team managed by David freaking Moyes.

These players were part of two very accomplished performances against Leverkusen and Spurs. They beat a team flying high in the Bundesliga easily on their own ground, and then were the more aggressive team away to a good Spurs team who were coming off a battering against City and wanting a reaction. That tells me they're turning a corner. Unfortunately.

We can hurt them, for sure. But it's going to take a massive effort (easily our best of the season) to come out of that place with all three points.

Where are these posts ?

Stoke scored against them twice at Old Trafford.

Stoke. The team we just put four past.

That was five weeks ago. United have found their feet and a desire that wasn't there earlier in the season. They are over two months without a defeat. If you and others want to take the attitude that you expect a victory, go right ahead. I'd rather look at the reality on the ground right now, and it tells me this will be a game where they have good form going into it, home advantage and vast experience in these situations.

What's interesting this time around is that we go to Old Trafford with a genuine threat. Mirallas, Barkley, Deulofeu and Lukaku are each more than capable of causing their defence problems with pace, power or skill and Pienaar with his quick thinking. I still think a point would be a very good result at OT but we have as good a chance as anyone of beating them. It's all about being ruthless in front of goal and not giving Rooney or RVP any sniffs. Do that and we'll win.

These players were part of two very accomplished performances against Leverkusen and Spurs. They beat a team flying high in the Bundesliga easily on their own ground, and then were the more aggressive team away to a good Spurs team who were coming off a battering against City and wanting a reaction. That tells me they're turning a corner. Unfortunately.

We can hurt them, for sure. But it's going to take a massive effort (easily our best of the season) to come out of that place with all three points.

That was five weeks ago. United have found their feet and a desire that wasn't there earlier in the season. They are over two months without a defeat. If you and others want to take the attitude that you expect a victory, go right ahead. I'd rather look at the reality on the ground right now, and it tells me this will be a game where they have good form going into it, home advantage and vast experience in these situations.

they have lost Phil Jones for this game, and thats a massive loss for them. if RVP isnt playing thats a massive miss for them too.

If United have as many injuries as is rumoured, I think this is an opportunity as big as any we've had at OT to take 3 points. We're the side with the stronger momentum, for all that'll matter.

Rooney and (if fit) RVP are one big advantage to have though. If they're both fit, a point is a very decent result.

Lol, you sound like Moyes, your stopping just short of suggesting we are taking some sort of inferior weaponry to a fight, one in which the opposition has something much more effective.

they have lost Phil Jones for this game, and thats a massive loss for them. if RVP isnt playing thats a massive miss for them too.

If van Persie isn't playing that makes it a lot easier. Just dealing with Rooney dropping off into an area patrolled by McCarthy and Barry to get their attack going is a good situation for us.

They'll still be favourites for this match though.

By no means do I think this an easy fixture.

I just think with the offense Everton are capable of showing (at least against non-park the bus foes) combined with the mancs looking more vulnerable than past times there is reason to be guardedly optimistic.

I'd be happy with a draw, but will be ecstatic should the Blues pull this out.

Lol, you sound like Moyes, your stopping just short of suggesting we are taking some sort of inferior weaponry to a fight, one in which the opposition has something much more effective.

No I'm not. I'm acknowledging the current form. I'm saying we can win and have the players to achieve it. But I'm also saying you cant take the attitude that United are there for the taking.

Do you think Martinez thinks that'll be the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back