Man Utd 0-1 Everton. 4th Dec @ 19.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got to agree with Mikey here. I acknowledge that Deulofeu has superb talent and potential but I don't yet think he's prepared to start away against United. We all go on about how well he slips past defenders effortlessly, but I get so damn frustrated when he tries that 15 times a game and pull it off six times. Sure, it looks ace when it comes off, but we can't afford to gift possession to United like he did several times against Stoke. The one that stands out was the little flick he tried that didn't come off. Lost possession and almost led to a Brek Shea goal. Unacceptable.

You are right up to a point, but you have to take these risks to have a talent like that in the team. At this age it is better to encourage him to go for it and not stress about mistakes too much. It happens, as he is learning. For that flick, the better option was of course to take it into him and hold possession but if we drill it into a player not to try something like that you can lose out on the times when they will try it at the right moment and create a goal out of nothing.

To me it's a very Moyes/Rafael attitude. Minimise the flair and make risk management an important part of a game.

I think we can afford to allow him to slip up.

Well Martinez has already said we should take a more positive attitude to these fixtures but to respect that United are Champions. I cant see how I'm saying anything different to that.

Leave the entitlement to the Kopites. We can do it and stand a great chance of doing it. I expect our team to go out to win it. That's not the same as expecting the three points.

Well said.

I've got to agree with Mikey here. I acknowledge that Deulofeu has superb talent and potential but I don't yet think he's prepared to start away against United. We all go on about how well he slips past defenders effortlessly, but I get so damn frustrated when he tries that 15 times a game and pull it off six times. Sure, it looks ace when it comes off, but we can't afford to gift possession to United like he did several times against Stoke. The one that stands out was the little flick he tried that didn't come off. Lost possession and almost led to a Brek Shea goal. Unacceptable.

I like you mate

Let's be friends

Well Martinez has already said we should take a more positive attitude to these fixtures but to respect that United are Champions. I cant see how I'm saying anything different to that.

Leave the entitlement to the Kopites. We can do it and stand a great chance of doing it. I expect our team to go out to win it. That's not the same as expecting the three points.

We're gonna win, we're gonna win, fk the kopites.. Nah I'm only kidding mate, I think its going to be a hard as hell game, you know I do, because you know how highly I rate Moyes tactical ability, and United are the in-form team in the league (or were until the last weeks games).

But read that post of yours that I commented on again, but imagine Moyes saying it.. seriously, just like him.. somewhere between optimism and realism is where we should be right now, that just reads like plain pesimism.

None of it is wrong, its just selecting the negatives only, ignoring the positives and makes for a very defeatist post.

Your saying nothing I havn't already mind you: until last week, United were the most in form team in the league, they have two of the best strikers around, Januzzai or whatever the young lads called is superb, Kagawa is a threat and they are on their way back up the table....

But, we're above them in the league for a reason, we've got Lukaku, Pienaar, Mirallas, Barkley, Deulofue which is more than enough to batter their defenses, we've got the better midfield and one of their strikers is out.
We genuinely can do this, no one should ever expect 3 points, Crystal Palace will testify to that, expecially against the Champions, but we can all hope and expect us to put up a real fight, and we all know that we CAN get 3 points because we every bit as good as they are right now.

Never said you were wrong in what you said, just that your post was sounding very much knife to a gunfight. If you sent the players out with that, I would expect everything we have come to expect from a United game at OT.

I'm not a gambler so don't really understand gambling.

But can anyone get me odds on this not being 0-0??

Well, both teams have scored 7 goals in our last two games, the build up will be massive, some of the best striking talent around, high energy all out attacking football will be talked up... I'm no betting man either but I would say 0-0 is almost guaranteed.

I'm not a gambler so don't really understand gambling.

But can anyone get me odds on this not being 0-0??

The smart money is on 5-0 Everton.

OMG

CONSPIARCAEEE

The highest odds they have for Everton is 5-2 at 500/1, 4-0 is 200/1. but they go as high as 7-0 for United at 500/1, its a complete joke really.

Over 1.5 goal is 1.1500

Brek Shea goal?

LOL

We're gonna win, we're gonna win, fk the kopites.. Nah I'm only kidding mate, I think its going to be a hard as hell game, you know I do, because you know how highly I rate Moyes tactical ability, and United are the in-form team in the league (or were until the last weeks games).

But read that post of yours that I commented on again, but imagine Moyes saying it.. seriously, just like him.. somewhere between optimism and realism is where we should be right now, that just reads like plain pesimism.

None of it is wrong, its just selecting the negatives only, ignoring the positives and makes for a very defeatist post.

Your saying nothing I havn't already mind you: until last week, United were the most in form team in the league, they have two of the best strikers around, Januzzai or whatever the young lads called is superb, Kagawa is a threat and they are on their way back up the table....

But, we're above them in the league for a reason, we've got Lukaku, Pienaar, Mirallas, Barkley, Deulofue which is more than enough to batter their defenses, we've got the better midfield and one of their strikers is out.
We genuinely can do this, no one should ever expect 3 points, Crystal Palace will testify to that, expecially against the Champions, but we can all hope and expect us to put up a real fight, and we all know that we CAN get 3 points because we every bit as good as they are right now.

Never said you were wrong in what you said, just that your post was sounding very much knife to a gunfight. If you sent the players out with that, I would expect everything we have come to expect from a United game at OT.

I dont see how my saying we can win, and I expect us to go out believing we can win, is the same as a white flag statement about being inferior and expecting a defeat...which is the defining nature of the Moyes statement. I'm saying we should be realistic and know we're in a contest, not that we should have no hope of winning it.

I'm really not understanding your failure to grasp this at all.

I can understand confidence on the bac of a few good performances, but there's an alarming lack of realism going hand in hand with some of it. United are Champions and starting to flex their muscle. It'd be a magnificent achievement to get a win there, though to read and hear some opinions it's almost expected.

Moyes has had this fixture circled on the calendar in red marker. I expect their very best line up and their very best performance.

Whilst you are perfectly correct in cautioning against the irrational exhuberance being displayed by many on here, Dave, including myself it must be said....but neither should we be running scared nor overestimating their current form.

Their last two league games have seen them drop two points at lowly Cardiff and then yesterday they conceeded two goals against a team which can barely score as they dropped another two points.

:D

I know what you mean but if we are a 'possession' team like the likes of Liverpool who try and do it, we need to go there and control the game... United aren't even a possession team, they are a counter one who loves the crosses so we should have more of that.

It's hard to chose who will start, they all deserve one to be honest but whoever it is we need to have more of the ball vs Man United.

You can't really say he doesn't deserve a start because he tried a dummy which was very unlucky by the way. We took the foot off the gas at that time, it was 3-0 wasn't it? Players weren't really arsed they just wanted the ref to blow up

Last edited:
I know the thing now is that we as Everton supporters should be over and done with any sort of animosity towards one Mr. Moyes.

I don't care. I want Man Utd whipped hard by the boys in blue on the way to a Moyes sacking.

COYB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back