Man Utd 0-1 Everton. 4th Dec @ 19.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardest game of the season so far but what Martinez should tell the lads before kick off is that these players on the opposite side are not like United players of past. Obviously you've got to highlight the danger Rooney possesses but I think we can go to Old Trafford, play our game, and come out with something.

You have to hand it to Roberto, he has class. Chico, fantastic preview as always and great to see the optimism shining through. Nil Satis Nisi Optimum that is all we can ask.

Everton 3-1 win. Seriously. You heard it here first and I'll be putting my money where my mouth is.

Last edited:
Nice one Chico. Thought you summed up the mood perfectly. Can't wait for this. Always the chance it will end in crushing disappointment but at the moment it's all positive vibes.

Hardest game of the season so far but what Martinez should tell the lads before kick off is that these players on the opposite side are not like United players of past. Obviously you've got to highlight the danger Rooney possesses but I think we can go to Old Trafford, play our game, and come out with something.

Barry to keep Rooney in his back pocket - much better option than Neville and osman in previous years!

Barry to keep Rooney in his back pocket - much better option than Neville and osman in previous years!

Very difficult player to keep hold of Rooney. He has to be silenced quickly every time that ball comes near him.

This is the first time in a long time we've took a decent team to Old Trafford.

Whilst you are perfectly correct in cautioning against the irrational exhuberance being displayed by many on here, Dave, including myself it must be said....but neither should we be running scared nor overestimating their current form.

Their last two league games have seen them drop two points at lowly Cardiff and then yesterday they conceeded two goals against a team which can barely score as they dropped another two points.

:D

I think a lot of my caution on this is that we have a lot of players who served under Moyes still playing, and they probably still carry a lot of the defeatist stink he imbued them with for these away fixtures against the elite clubs.

Martnez continually stresses in his press conferences that he's having to reinforce the message to our players that they can do certain things and be the players they want to be. They are, without wishing to be too dramatic, scarred by their time under Moyes and his approach to big games.

If we can get them over that psychological hurdle in one or both of the next two games then we really are in business for the rest of the season...even more so if Billy Liar loosens the purse strings and allows Martinez to purchase a player without funding it from a sale.

I think a lot of my caution on this is that we have a lot of players who served under Moyes still playing, and they probably still carry a lot of the defeatist stink he imbued them with for these away fixtures against the elite clubs.

Martnez continually stresses in his press conferences that he's having to reinforce the message to our players that they can do certain things and be the players they want to be. They are, without wishing to be too dramatic, scarred by their time under Moyes and his approach to big games.

If we can get them over that psychological hurdle in one or both of the next two games then we really are in business for the rest of the season...even more so if Billy Liar loosens the purse strings and allows Martinez to purchase a player without funding it from a sale.

HAHAHAHA!!!! Our players are mentally scarred by Moyes!!!

Dave, that's brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back