Man Utd 0-1 Everton. 4th Dec @ 19.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think we have the best chance in years to absolutely stuff them. I hope we have a proper go at them from the off, no standing off. I look at both teams and honestly think I prefer ours now, especially since Jones and RVP may be out.

They have picked up recently though and outplayed a Spurs team at WHL that dominated us at Goodison in that first half. It is going to be a hard game, but play to our strengths and we have every chance of doing the Mancs.

COYB, lets AVE it!!

Joe O'Dwyer. ‏@JoeOdwyer_ Protected Tweets 6m
Old Trafford could suit Geri perfectly, with the pitch being big and wide he'd have all the space he wants to run into

Very true. If we are winning and he comes on, we could easily score again.

Joe O'Dwyer. ‏@JoeOdwyer_ Protected Tweets 6m
Old Trafford could suit Geri perfectly, with the pitch being big and wide he'd have all the space he wants to run into

Very true. If we are winning and he comes on, we could easily score again.
Is the playing area bigger than G P. ? I don't think so.

I think a lot of my caution on this is that we have a lot of players who served under Moyes still playing, and they probably still carry a lot of the defeatist stink he imbued them with for these away fixtures against the elite clubs.

Martnez continually stresses in his press conferences that he's having to reinforce the message to our players that they can do certain things and be the players they want to be. They are, without wishing to be too dramatic, scarred by their time under Moyes and his approach to big games.

If we can get them over that psychological hurdle in one or both of the next two games then we really are in business for the rest of the season...even more so if Billy Liar loosens the purse strings and allows Martinez to purchase a player without funding it from a sale.

I take your point, but all it takes to lift the team is for one or two of our players to take the initiative and go at United. Ross is going to be key, I think. He'll love this fixture - and if he channels the pressure like he did in the derby, I think he'll be the catalyst for the whole team to rise to the challenge.

I take your point, but all it takes to lift the team is for one or two of our players to take the initiative and go at United. Ross is going to be key, I think. He'll love this fixture - and if he channels the pressure like he did in the derby, I think he'll be the catalyst for the whole team to rise to the challenge.

Yes, you're right. It's what the manager even today was trying to underscore:

“Sometimes stats can be confusing but I think it’s significant that we haven’t been able to go away from home against these so-called top four clubs and get wins. We’ve got the quality, and we’ve got the support of our fans when we go to these places, so I don’t see why we shouldn’t be performing in the same manner as we do at home."

It might take someone like Deulofeu or Lukaku - untouched by the Moyes legacy from these fixtures - to lead the way.

Nice to be going into this sort of knowing that Everton will have a go.

It could be our undoing and they'll win as we throw men forward but at least were not meekly trying to get out of there with a point. Makes a very welcome change. Who knows, we could turn them over, there's as little between the teams as there's been for twenty years.

If we win this, it'll be the sweetest victory in years and years.

Oh man, I want this so bad.

If we win...

34363648.jpg

Good stuff as usual Chico.

still haven't read the Stoke one like ........

fancy us to do these.........3-1 for the mighty blues and a serious amount of moist fume!

COYB

Yes, you're right. It's what the manager even today was trying to underscore:

“Sometimes stats can be confusing but I think it’s significant that we haven’t been able to go away from home against these so-called top four clubs and get wins. We’ve got the quality, and we’ve got the support of our fans when we go to these places, so I don’t see why we shouldn’t be performing in the same manner as we do at home."

It might take someone like Deulofeu or Lukaku - untouched by the Moyes legacy from these fixtures - to lead the way.

Barkley mate, it's gonna be Barkley..he's gonna be so up for this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back