Man Utd 0-1 Everton. 4th Dec @ 19.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some good posts on this page reinforcing the idea of Martinez instilling confidence in a group of players.

A lot of the doubters used Wigan's relegation as an obvious stick to beat him with, without taking into account the huge gap in the quality of the players available. Wigan had no place winning a trophy in the style they did and putting in some of the performances they did in league matches.
We have a squad full of international players with some top class players (not the same as world class) and 3 of the brightest young talents in the world. It's obviously not going to click into place overnight and we're still short of top class cover in various positions. However, get these lads playing at optimum levels of confidence and we will see exciting times. Martinez shows all the signs of being just the man to oversee that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us take the odd hiding along the way as gameplans fcuk up and other teams click on the day.
Just hope we can all keep the faith.

Now come on Everton, dese ar sh1te.

Powered by a swarm of angry pubes around his chin area our keeper (one can only presume the Queen Bee is stashing under his tongue)

Nice one mate, I'm too nervous to read it it all but looked at all the pics.
Did you make the obvious joke about Best keeping it up in the company of a dozen fit birds ?

Can't wait for Weds night.....

That says it all.

I don't know what the future holds for Roberto Martinez at Everton.

It may yet go all pear shaped.

But at this present moment in time the man has given us back the sense of expectation and excitement we used to enjoy when we were younger.

And for that memory of how great we used to be.....and the glimpse of what we may become again..... I will always be grateful to Bobby.

COYB.....(y)

Does it work conversely for Moyes to bottle important games with Man Utd?...Has a lot to prove....But I suppose the difference with managing Man Utd over Everton is that you play for the ........

Its going to be different now. They are going to be the counterattacking squad. Distin/Jags/Howard are going to have to be excellent because they are going to be out there with little help with everyone forward.

We break up the counters, we'll win.

Think I'm losing my mind, I'm absolutely buzzing. I'm normally negative as [Poor language removed], and I actually should be very afraid of Moyes' ability to fire up a team when the chips are down. I have been scared of it since the fixture appeared on the horizon.

Now I've got this irrepressible belief that victory is there, not just there, but there for our taking. We're going to win.

I’m having boss Everton thoughts swimming through my mind like waiting for the first pair of Reebok Pump on your estate ordered off Great Universal. That postman can't come quickly enough, hopefully he will arrive before some privileged lid whose dar works on the rigs or Fords beats you to it. The smug little tit, can't wait to stamp on them if he does.

Good preview Chico - level and balanced, with an edge of reasons for confidence.

My first catalogue order (with discount voucher) from catalogue, when postman arrived and rang the bell I rushed down to meet him. Opened the box and found they'd sent me tiny size 9 trainers for toddlers. :lol:

It's all about going to O T and giving it a real go, which is something we never seemed to do under Moyes, it's all I ask really.
C O Y B.

Me too. It's good to feel positive and that anticipation, but at same time got some realism. We'll have good and bad games, but more of the good please.

Tell you what lids, I have been chomping at the bit for this week to arrive.

Playing 5-a-side football tonight, got a date tomorrow, we smash United on Wednesday, work Christmas do on Friday, going snowboarding to a glacier in Austria on Saturday and then we follow up our Man U victory with a smash-and-grab three points against the Arsenal on Sunday.

COYButters!

If that all goes down the way you have it listed, I'd say that's a pretty fabulous week and one that would be hard to top.

This is the match where Roy Hodgson finally sees Cleverley for what he is after he's exposed over and over by Ross Barkley. For that matter, he'll see what Ross Barkley is as well. One hell of a player who isn't overawed by the occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back