Man Utd 0-1 Everton. 4th Dec @ 19.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Head says "I'd take a draw."

Heart wants a 4-0 pounding.

Can't wait to watch this on my lunch hour at work!

The one thing i dont want us to do is play for a draw, i want us to go all out, which might be sucidal at OT but i want us to go at them from the off, either win and at least put up a great effort, a rare thing for Moyes to do

I honestly think Moyes is absolutely bricking himself for this one and may well crumble under the pressure on the day. He does not do big games well.

Saying that I can see them winning, but I can also see us getting a result.

As long as we give it a go, then I'll be happy win lose or draw.

Can't wait for this game! Fully expecting a result and dreaming of a crazy winner in the dying minutes or a 3-0 victory :lol: I said after last seasons bumming that I wouldn't bother wasting my money going to Old Trafford again. That was Moyes' Everton though. This is different and Martinez will be telling the players to have no fear.

If van Persie is out, the only two i'm worried about are Rooney and Valencia. They have far more to worry about in our team. Would love Martinez to just go for it and play Deulofeu, Mirallas, Barkley and Lukaku from the start!

Also, what's the worst that can happen? We go another year without a win there or get battered 4-0? As long as we give it a go that's all we can ask. If we go there in the hope of "getting out alive" and playing for a 0-0 we deserve to get hammered. I know we will go for it though.

This is the match where Roy Hodgson finally sees Cleverley for what he is after he's exposed over and over by Ross Barkley. For that matter, he'll see what Ross Barkley is as well. One hell of a player who isn't overawed by the occasion.

I seriously doubt it. Playing and starting for a "big club" is a easy ticket to the national team and performance has little to do with it. If Cleverley played for us and Barkley for Utd it wouldn't be a question that Barkley would be chosen over him. The way national team managers pick players is insane in its stupidity. It hurts us as a club too as Barkley might soon find out that if he wants to play for the national team, he might have to leave Everton no matter how good we are.

If Baines left us say 2 years ago, he'd be starting over Cole. Lescott plays well for us, doesn't get a sniff, goes to City, regresses and then gets picked. If Jags was sold to Arsenal you think Cahill would be chosen over him?

Think I'm losing my mind, I'm absolutely buzzing. I'm normally negative as [Poor language removed], and I actually should be very afraid of Moyes' ability to fire up a team when the chips are down. I have been scared of it since the fixture appeared on the horizon.

Now I've got this irrepressible belief that victory is there, not just there, but there for our taking. We're going to win.
Exactly the same as you mate.

Now watch Jagielka provide a Yobo-esque assist for Rooney after two minutes trying to palenka it across the back line to sexy Bryan.

I seriously doubt it. Playing and starting for a "big club" is a easy ticket to the national team and performance has little to do with it. If Cleverley played for us and Barkley for Utd it wouldn't be a question that Barkley would be chosen over him. The way national team managers pick players is insane in its stupidity. It hurts us as a club too as Barkley might soon find out that if he wants to play for the national team, he might have to leave Everton no matter how good we are.

If Baines left us say 2 years ago, he'd be starting over Cole. Lescott plays well for us, doesn't get a sniff, goes to City, regresses and then gets picked. If Jags was sold to Arsenal you think Cahill would be chosen over him?

Except that's not really true. Baines has started more games than most under Hodgson since Euros. Jags is first choice centre back. In the last year both Osman and Barkley have broken through. Lescott doesn't even get called up despite being at a 'bigger club'. Everton is an great club for a player looking to play international football for england. Sure it doesn't offer the players champions league experience- but your assertion that everton players don't get fair chances for england is false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back