Man Utd 0-1 Everton. 4th Dec @ 19.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously doubt it. Playing and starting for a "big club" is a easy ticket to the national team and performance has little to do with it. If Cleverley played for us and Barkley for Utd it wouldn't be a question that Barkley would be chosen over him. him?

I don't buy into this theory.

It is doing us down for the sake of it.

Any decent English player we have had in recent years has gone on to play for the national team.

Ross is only a young lad whom has just broken into the first team on a regular basis this season so he is not going to start for England at the moment.

Irresepective of Cleverley being any good or nor, Ross Barkley wouldn't be an England started right now.

Baines has less caps that Ashley Cole simply because for miost of the last ten years Cole has been the best left back in the country, if not Europe.

It is only recently that Baines has suprpassed him and you know what?

Baines now seems to be ensconsed as the England No.1.

If your theory is correct then Lescott or Cahill qould be the first choice central defence pairing for England, instead of Jags being the first name on the teamsheet.

(and FYI....far from "not getting a sniff" before he went to Citeh, Lescott made his England debut whilst with EFC and was actually more of a squad regular before leaving us than he has become in the intervening years)

Rodwell became an England player with us before sacrificing his career for he sake of Citeh's dosh.

Leon Osman made the England side a year ago.

Everton players are very much on the England manager's radar.

It doesn't do for us to make victims of our players because they don't play for what you think is a "big" club.

They are playing for a "big" club already and none of our players' international vareers are being held back by virtue of the fact they are here.

Will be interesting as to how Moyes deals with Barkley,
It should be evident how he tells his players to play against him, it's bound to be an insight into why he didn't rate him.

I also imagine that his formation diving team will be out in force as well to try to exploit our recent weaknesses from set pieces, hopefully this has been worked on defensively since the Derby (along with one-on-ones with the keeper for our attackers)

interesting, i should think they will pressing barkley ALOT...rooney will be running around like a mad thing, we need to keep calm and pass around them, i can see cards in this game - mccarthy,barry,fellaini,rooney at risk i think

I don't buy into this theory.

It is doing us down for the sake of it.

Any decent English player we have had in recent years has gone on to play for the national team.

Ross is only a young lad whom has just broken into the first team on a regular basis this season so he is not going to start for England at the moment.

Irresepective of Cleverley being any good or nor, Ross Barkley wouldn't be an England started right now.

Baines has less caps that Ashley Cole simply because for miost of the last ten years Cole has been the best left back in the country, if not Europe.

It is only recently that Baines has suprpassed him and you know what?

Baines now seems to be ensconsed as the England No.1.

If your theory is correct then Lescott or Cahill qould be the first choice central defence pairing for England, instead of Jags being the first name on the teamsheet.

(and FYI....far from "not getting a sniff" before he went to Citeh, Lescott made his England debut whilst with EFC and was actually more of a squad regular before leaving us than he has become in the intervening years)

Rodwell became an England player with us before sacrificing his career for he sake of Citeh's dosh.

Leon Osman made the England side a year ago.

Everton players are very much on the England manager's radar.

It doesn't do for us to make victims of our players because they don't play for what you think is a "big" club.

They are playing for a "big" club already and none of our players' international vareers are being held back by virtue of the fact they are here.

My belief is that Everton players have to work harder to get into the England team, let’s say a player signed for Liverpool, they will be in the England team after two games. Look at Henderson and Cleverary, are these really good enough for England?
Everton players like Osman who is in the same league at Henderson and Cleveray wont get in the team, our best players like baines and jags will tho.

you are right mate. Even my Manure (born and bred)loving mate here in NZ , whilst he detests Liverpool FC, thinks Everton is sound. Everton occupies an interesting sociological (football-wise) territory. It has a 'class fluidity' which permits it access to all levels... from steerage to first class.

Is he from Wythenshawe and used to be in the Navy or Merchant navy ? Grey hair and in his late 40s early 50s ?

How amazing (and refreshing) is it for the masses on here to be saying things like we'd all be gutted go come out of the game with a point? Onwards and upwards!

Sly Phil Neville dig at us below?

What is important for Marouane now is to play well in a match we win and he scores a goal," Neville told the Manchester Evening News.

"He needs to experience that feeling when you are part of a team that wins.

"It is fine having that feeling when you are part of a squad but it is great to have it when you are part of a team that wins.

"He (also) needs to start scoring from midfield. There is nobody better at that than Felli.

"The United fans have not seen the best of him. When he came he wasn't fully match fit but we are getting him fitter to play for United and be that box-to-box player.

"But we have every faith in him and we are really relaxed about it."

What is important for Marouane now is to play well in a match we win and he scores a goal," Neville told the Manchester Evening News.

"It is fine having that feeling when you are part of a squad but it is great to have it when you are part of a team that wins.

"He (also) needs to start scoring from midfield. There is nobody better at that than Felli.

"The United fans have not seen the best of him. When he came he wasn't fully match fit but we are getting him fitter to play for United and be that box-to-box player.

Slight over sight from Neville being that the same people who coached him at Finch Farm are now doing so at Carrington, the docile melt.

Plus if he thinks that Fellaini will ever make a true United 'box to box' midfield player, he's got rocks in his head.

i dont get the whole fellaini isnt fit b0llocks meself tbh.

Moyes said it the day Felli arrived. I was thinking...so just because your wearing a Man U training top...suddenly Fellaini is not fit enough for Man U? Behave yourself you dour face melt

Typical Neville. Just Moyes' little mouth piece stooge b1tch

No matter what he said while here, I always thought he was still a manc at heart. AS soon as it was revealed our EX was leaving, neville was not far behind.

Got to love Bobby. Just an intelligent bloke.

All about changing our mentality that Moyes imprinted onto the team for over a decade.

Neville can **** off. What a **** player, hasn't got a single clue about football.

Fellaini is also sh*te. He wasn't fit enough or good enough for Everton so we shipped him off to a defensive long ball team where he belongs.

United 0-5 Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back