Man Utd 0-1 Everton. 4th Dec @ 19.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so.

The 4-4 draw was the season before and came a week after the Wembley debacle when not even Moyes would have the brazenness to set out with negative intent after the furore that followed the Liverpool game.

Last season saw him revert to his usual type at OT and the team put in a supine performance in a 2-0 defeat which could have been heavier.

You're quite right, meant last year, rather than last season with the win and 4-4 draw. I'd take that again for the next 2, but I think we can do even better than a win and a loss under Martinez which is still a good haul against the champions, not too many beat United last year.

Manchester United boss Moyes said: "He is doing a very good job. He has very good players there. I always told them they could play without a manager because they are very well organised. But Roberto is doing a really good job keeping it going."

Ha! Flaming outrageous!

In my lifetime.

Kevin Ratcliffe 1984 - 1991
Dave Watson 1992 - 1997
Gary Speed 1997 - 1998
Dave Watson 1998 - 2001
Kevin Campbell 2001 - 2002
Duncan Ferguson 2002 – 2004
Alan Stubbs 2004 - 2005
David Weir 2005 – 2006
Phil Neville 2007 - 2013
Phil Jagielka 2013

So yeah he was the worst in terms in ability, don't really like the bloke either.

I probably brought most of them to Goodison, if not them all, except for the recent ones

That reads like a line from a script Gervaise would have written for David Brent in The Office :o

Moyes is panicking.

Go spear that fish, Bob.....

Phil Neville was the single worst Everton captain of all time by a wide margin, in terms of ability and in terms of being a detestable, self-serving arse kisser.

It makes me die a little inside to think someone of his ilk actually captained our club.

Know what you mean mate, in the Captains Table as you most probably know, they have a plaque with all our Captains going back to year spit,names like Labby, Roy Vernon, Dave Watson to name a few, and amongst them is Phil F***** Neville, makes me Ill to see it.

Know what you mean mate, in the Captains Table as you most probably know, they have a plaque with all our Captains going back to year spit,names like Labby, Roy Vernon, Dave Watson to name a few, and amongst them is Phil F***** Neville, makes me Ill to see it.

My favourite ever Everton slipper was the much maligned Mick Lyons.

Not the most gifted player ever, but a diehard Evertonian with a heart as big as the Tunnel.

I remember a goal he scored against Leeds when he dived headlong at a ball in the six yard box about two feet off've the ground and three or four defenders swinging their boots at it.

Stirring stuff.

In my years watching us the best captain has to be Ratcliffe, ****ing sublime player and one i think martinez would have creamed his pants to have had in the team right now

Oh yeah and if van persie doenst play we **** them 4-2, think all our lads will be massively up for this especially kev and ross after the way the where treated, comments made to them about not being good/experienced etc by the ginger grinchfaced ****

Oh yeah anyone else think that Mccarthy has next captain written all over him, can see him in that role for a good 8-10 years or so after jags

Funny thing is mate, with that statement from him aimed at undermining what robertos done, he single handedly undermines all the things written about how well he supposedly did with us himself, the ginger melt really is clueless, oh well lets see on weds who the better manager is, my moneys on the one who gets on with doing his job and doesnt **** it in every single important game of his managerial career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back