Man Utd 0-1 Everton. 4th Dec @ 19.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving the hostile comments on here concerning United. It's about time this fixture got back some of its nastiness, it's been far too nice for far, far too long

Here's a thought: Gerard Deulofeu rips Evra a new one and that hastens Leighton's departure to Man U. Maybe Bobby will play him down the middle or the left instead.

Despite Moyes err mentally scaring our players with his attitude... our games against United last season saw us get a win and a 4-4 draw, doubts about our players mentality against United need not rear their head, only doubt I have is the quality of their squad.
Its beatable but it will be hard, they are clearly better than the league position says as they had such a poor start and are back in the mix, but they are definately beatable.
Martinez has us playing great football and if it is another draw, I'd take one with a similar scoreline to recent draws.. 3-3 or 4-4, great games, hopefully though it will be much better and we will rout them.
2 teams with 7 goals in their last games could be epic.. it probably won't be.. but it could be.
Can't wait for this one.

Despite Moyes err mentally scaring our players with his attitude... our games against United last season saw us get a win and a 4-4 draw, doubts about our players mentality against United need not rear their head, only doubt I have is the quality of their squad.

Not so.

The 4-4 draw was the season before and came a week after the Wembley debacle when not even Moyes would have the brazenness to set out with negative intent after the furore that followed the Liverpool game.

Last season saw him revert to his usual type at OT and the team put in a supine performance in a 2-0 defeat which could have been heavier.

Phil Neville was a model pro when he played here

You can question his ability but not his work ethic

We're not a ****ing charity though paying sub average players £45K per week to run around a lot. I'd expect effort for that amount of pay from someone who was never really entitled to it on footballing ability.

Moyes is really starting to piss me off with his comments :

"He is doing a very good job," said Moyes. "He has very good players there. I always told them they could play without a manager because they are very well organised.

"But Roberto is doing a really good job keeping it going.

"I had a great time at Everton, it was a great club for me at the time in my career when I left Preston North End. They were fabulous to me - they gave me a chance to succeed the best I could at the club. We had one or two early years at the start when it was a bit up and down but overall we had a pretty good level of consistency after that and tended to finish pretty well in the division.

"I don't think it's any advantage there's a new manager there and he's got his own players in as well. I do know a lot of them, I probably brought most of them to Goodison, if not them all, except for the recent ones. They're all really good players and I've got a lot to thank them for because they helped me to win games."

Phil Neville was the single worst Everton captain of all time by a wide margin, in terms of ability and in terms of being a detestable, self-serving arse kisser.

It makes me die a little inside to think someone of his ilk actually captained our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back