Man Utd 0-1 Everton. 4th Dec @ 19.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that's not really true. Baines has started more games than most under Hodgson since Euros. Jags is first choice centre back. In the last year both Osman and Barkley have broken through. Lescott doesn't even get called up despite being at a 'bigger club'. Everton is an great club for a player looking to play international football for england. Sure it doesn't offer the players champions league experience- but your assertion that everton players don't get fair chances for england is false.

you are right mate. Even my Manure (born and bred)loving mate here in NZ , whilst he detests Liverpool FC, thinks Everton is sound. Everton occupies an interesting sociological (football-wise) territory. It has a 'class fluidity' which permits it access to all levels... from steerage to first class.

This is the match where Roy Hodgson finally sees Cleverley for what he is after he's exposed over and over by Ross Barkley. For that matter, he'll see what Ross Barkley is as well. One hell of a player who isn't overawed by the occasion.

But then he'll still take that aimless labrador Jordan Henderson to Brazil ahead of both of them.

Sung to the tune of The Banana Boat song when the Barca kid comes on to rip the Mancs a new one

'Daaay oh, day oh la fay you
Gerards come here, he don' wanna go home"

(repeat until he scores...about 5 mins max)

I've only ever tried to predict the result here 2 or 3 times and I don't think I've been right once. I like to think I'm not superstitious, but I don't think I should be doing this. Anyway, I'm feeling confident about this match and I think we'll do OK.

I'm trying to think of a way to use the words shoo in but I can't think of one. It's not that important but I don't like correcting people and I just hope those who type shoe in are reading this.

Will be interesting as to how Moyes deals with Barkley,
It should be evident how he tells his players to play against him, it's bound to be an insight into why he didn't rate him.

I also imagine that his formation diving team will be out in force as well to try to exploit our recent weaknesses from set pieces, hopefully this has been worked on defensively since the Derby (along with one-on-ones with the keeper for our attackers)

I've been having visions of us going two up...

Now I really hope those goals come before half time and after around 75 minutes. Imagine being able to see out the final 15 minutes at Old Trafford in comfort... :lol: It's a sign you guys.

In all honesty though I do expect United to win... but I'd say from the two starting XI's likely to be on show tomorrow ours is the stronger. Has Martinez been around long enough to have already banished the inferiority complex Moyes ingrained into the players' minds over 11 years?

It'll probably be another high scoring game. I can't imagine us keeping Rooney and Kagawa quiet for 90 mins, but likewise I think we'll cause them a lot of problems too.

they stole our manager , stole our backroom team and took our best midfeilder (probably) and tried to unsettle our best player (baines) with laughably undervalue bids.

if by thursday morning we end up with a better manager , better backroom staff , a better squad , a better brand of football , a win at there ground , 5 points clear and 27 million in the bank for a floppy haired bench warmer .............. i would love it.

they stole our manager , stole our backroom team and took our best midfeilder (probably) and tried to unsettle our best player (baines) with laughably undervalue bids.

if by thursday morning we end up with a better manager , better backroom staff , a better squad , a better brand of football , a win at there ground , 5 points clear and 27 million in the bank for a floppy haired bench warmer .............. i would love it.

We will come out with a better brand of football thats it. We aren't winning

We will come out with a better brand of football thats it. We aren't winning
im not saying we will . but other teams have played them and made them look average.
i also feel that man for man we havent got much to fear and its pretty good battles all over the pitch.

for me the smalling-pienaar + evans/lukaku battles are the key to us getting a result.
for them vallencia-oviedo + rooney-jagielka is the key.

Though a win would be amazing beyond words, this has 'David Moyes draw' written all over it. What with it being Everton, and Martinez (who outwitted him in the quarter final last season), he'll be doubly desperate not to lose.

He'll approach the game with caution - and if we are going to win it, we'll have to take advantage of the paralysis Moyes can suffer from in big games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back