Managers within our reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you press 'search' on the top right of the forum and search 'Howe Blue' you will find these answers x

Thanks...as I'm new here and only registered YESTERDAY that's a great help....:cool:

Let me see....ah I get it...'My Everton Dream...' nice one for that.

But why does it matter that much is what I can't understand. Odriozola was in the squad working a deal to Madrid in the build up and that didn't matter. No one said he wasn't focused. Because that's crap. To me if the manager working out his next job is too much mentally for a team then they arent winning the World Cup anyway
It was the manner in which it was done:

Spain have sacked head coach Julen Lopetegui after he was named the new Real Madrid boss, two days before their opening World Cup match with Portugal.
Real Madrid announced on Tuesday that Lopetegui would succeed Zinedine Zidane at the Bernabeu on a three-year deal.
The Spanish football federation (RFEF) said it had dismissed the 51-year-old because the negotiation occurred "without any information to the RFEF".
Spain sporting director Fernando Hierro will take charge for the World Cup.
The former Real Madrid and Bolton Wanderers defender is in his second spell as sporting director, having returned to the role in November 2017, six years after leaving the position.
The tournament starts on Thursday in Russia.

RFEF president Luis Rubiales, who was told of Lopetegui's new role with Real five minutes before it was announced, said he had found himself in "a very difficult situation".
"I know there's going to be criticism whatever I do," he added.
"I'm sure this will, in time, make us stronger. I admire Julen very much, I respect him very much. He seems a top trainer and that makes it harder to make the decision.
"You can't do things this way, two or three days before the World Cup. We have been compelled to make this decision."

Do people really want Howe ? What's the point of getting a manager who thumps Chelsea but then goes on to lose against Cardiff.

Can we learn and stop getting managers from the PL.

index.webp

The one thing that buys more time for Silva is looking at any shortlist for a replacement.

There won't be anyone obvious that 1) would clearly like to join and 2) has more than a 50:50 chance of getting it right.

We need a big, big character, and it would take such to come in here and believe they could succeed where all others have failed.

I don't think the job is a poisoned chalice, it's worse than that.

I'm wary of another relatively obscure foreigner, who would find it difficult to understand the frustration of fans, and be adaptable to suit the circumstances.

Martinez got us and failed and he didn't come here from Spain or elsewhere. I don't think Spurs would have taken Pochettino directly from Espanyol either.

As there are no obvious choices people are entitled to make whatever shouts they like.

Wenger would tick more boxes than others if he was up for it. That's just my view. He could stabilise us and work with a DOF.

Marcelo Gallardo as a bit of a left field candidate. With Brands penchant for South Americans.

Would Marco Rose come here? Flavour of the month candidate.

I don't think Brands would go Dutch, but if we were stuck Cocu and van Bronckhorst come into the mix.

FWIW, I think Eddie Howe would get it and take it. Who are we now to turn up our noses at him.

Last edited:
The one thing that buys more time for Silva is looking at any shortlist for a replacement.

There won't be anyone obvious that 1) would clearly like to join and 2) has more than a 50:50 chance of getting it right.

We need a big, big character, and it would take such to come in here and believe they could succeed where all others have failed.

I don't think the job is a poisoned chalice, it's worse than that.

I'm wary of another relatively obscure foreigner, who would find it difficult to understand the frustration of fans, and be adaptable to suit the circumstances.

Martinez got us and failed and he didn't come here from Spain or elsewhere. I don't think Spurs would have taken Pochettino directly from Espanyol either.

As there are no obvious choices people are entitled to make whatever shouts they like.

Wenger would tick more boxes than others if he was up for it. That's just my view. He could stabilise us and work with a DOF.

Marcelo Gallardo as a bit of a left field candidate. With Brands penchant for South Americans.

Would Marco Rose come here? Flavour of the month candidate.

I don't think Brands would go Dutch, but if we were stuck Cocu and van Bronckhorst come into the mix.

FWIW, I think Eddie Howe would get it and take it. Who are we now to turn up our noses at him.
When did Wenger last work with a DOF? He was all-powerful at Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back