Managers within our reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has experience of the resurrection we’re currently in need of.
Christ wins treble in first season, despite being out of both cup competitions.

“The fans wanted a miracle, and I feel I delivered,” the man fans have been calling “the Messiah” said.

However there could be trouble ahead, as he is said to have told his agent “it is not his time to come again,” and that he is under pressure from his father to quit and return home, despite answering fans’ prayers by signing a three year contract....

If morshiri was serious he do everything he can to get mourinho in here we need a winner in charge of the team he would connect with the fans straight away sick of these mid table managers

....like Marco Silva, I have no idea. I wouldn’t change, though.

I think Brands will keep Silva till the summer. Neither of them will want to be tarnished with another 'negative' season and i think there will be a huge amount of work now behind the scenes towards the summer transfer window.

Its really going to be a numbers game on ins/outs and I expect a huge amount of changes relative to us being able to move players on.

If morshiri was serious he do everything he can to get mourinho in here we need a winner in charge of the team he would connect with the fans straight away sick of these mid table managers

So, lets say we sacked Silva today and hire Mourinho.

Lets ignore his style of play and penchant for 'ready made' peak players.

How exactly is he going to be able to sign the players he wants (through Brands) when the wage budget is maxed out?

No matter if Silva stays or someone else comes in, it's really all about the movement of players which isnt easy looking at the length and value of some of their contracts.

Going from Chelsea, Inter, Real and United where they all have enormous revenue streams to a club with far lower revenue streams and a maxed out wage budget isnt going to be very enticing.

In 2-3 seasons time, when we are able to change 95% of the playing staff and have recycled to high value u25 year old players with strong resale values it would be far easier to sell / buy the players wanted by an elite manager.

To go through this process we need someone who is comfortable building a squad and working under Brands whilst suffering these constraints.

In my opinion, any manager who achieves top 10 (with only 4 notable players in the squad) this season and then top 8 next season whilst rebuilding the squad and adding a lot of value on the books in terms of playing staff is fine.

So, lets say we sacked Silva today and hire Mourinho.

Lets ignore his style of play and penchant for 'ready made' peak players.

How exactly is he going to be able to sign the players he wants (through Brands) when the wage budget is maxed out?

No matter if Silva stays or someone else comes in, it's really all about the movement of players which isnt easy looking at the length and value of some of their contracts.

Going from Chelsea, Inter, Real and United where they all have enormous revenue streams to a club with far lower revenue streams and a maxed out wage budget isnt going to be very enticing.

In 2-3 seasons time, when we are able to change 95% of the playing staff and have recycled to high value u25 year old players with strong resale values it would be far easier to sell / buy the players wanted by an elite manager.

To go through this process we need someone who is comfortable building a squad and working under Brands whilst suffering these constraints.

In my opinion, any manager who achieves top 10 (with only 4 notable players in the squad) this season and then top 8 next season whilst rebuilding the squad and adding a lot of value on the books in terms of playing staff is fine.

Understand where your coming from in terms of wages maxed out but in terms of football it’s been awful since December I could get behind a manger if I could see what he’s trying to achieve but I don’t understand what style we play we not a pressing team we don’t counter attack poor with the ball even worse without the players look lost

As maybe some of you know, I'm not biggest fan of Marco Silva, so I compiled a list of managers who are imo attainable by a club of our size and have better credentials than our current manager. I divided them by countries they're currently managing and there is a list of unemployed ones as well. There are lot of suggestions in other threads, so it would be better to keep it in one place.

PS I tried to keep it realistic so I didn't put the usual suspects like Mourinho, Blanc or Conte here as there's no way we could attract them. Moyes didn't make it as well ;)

Unemployed
Julen Lopetegui (last managed Real Madrid)
Peter Stoger (Borussia Dortmund)
Heiko Herrlich (Bayer Leverkusen)
Vincenzo Montella (Sevilla)
Gustavo Poyet (Bordeaux)
Phillip Cocu (Fenerbahce)

England
Eddie Howe (Bournemouth)
Rafael Benitez (Newcastle)
Marcelo Bielsa (Leeds)

France
Christophe Galtier (Lille)
Bruno Genesio (Lyon)
Thierry Laurey (Strasbourg) - impressive work with Strasbourg, he promoted them to Ligue 1 and they're sitting on 5th place with a League Cup final to follow.
Patrick Vieira (Nice)
Rudi Garcia (Marseille)

Spain
Jose Bordalas (Getafe)
Marcelino (Valencia)
Quique Setien (Betis)

Germany
Adi Hutter (Frankfurt)
Bruno Labbadia (Wolfsburg)

Italy
Gian Piero Gasperini (Atalanta)
Simone Inzaghi (Lazio)
Stefano Pioli (Fiorentina)

Other
Marco Rose (Red Bull Salzburg)
Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Feyenoord)
Steve Clarke (Kilmarnock)
Sergio Conceicao (Porto)
Sorry but the sheer amount of managers there who have been sacked several times for underachieving is amazing.

Barely any name there stands out as even being worth going for

Understand where your coming from in terms of wages maxed out but in terms of football it’s been awful since December I could get behind a manger if I could see what he’s trying to achieve but I don’t understand what style we play we not a pressing team we don’t counter attack poor with the ball even worse without the players look lost

My opinion is that this season is merely for Brands / Silva to assess the squad and to begin the process of weeding out players and deciding on the best approach to rebuilding in the summer.

If you take a look at the thread i posted this morning:

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/player-contracts-part-2.106271/

You will see that i expect 22 players to be trimmed in the summer either after contracts expiring, sales or loans. That leaves us with 20 first team players of which 8 will likely be available in the summer for transfer.

Its a delicate process as i cant see us focusing on going down to 12 players and needing to make 11-13 signings this summer.

Whoever is the manager needs to utilise the players at his disposal this season and we will recycle 5 or 6 first teamers in the summer i imagine.

I think were 2 summers away from an effective 80% rebuild.

Should be a German one. Disciplined, professional, passionate. Not here to live on money only and waiting to get sacked no matter the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back