Managers within our reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Gaz Baz is going into management, he could be player coach and run the midfield still at his age haha

Surprised there aren’t more shouts for the Wolves manager, is that because people think he hasnt proven enough? or just don’t think he would realistically leave for Everton?
We enquired about the Wolves manager last year ( and thats when he was in tge Championship)..He said NO

As maybe some of you know, I'm not biggest fan of Marco Silva, so I compiled a list of managers who are imo attainable by a club of our size and have better credentials than our current manager. I divided them by countries they're currently managing and there is a list of unemployed ones as well. There are lot of suggestions in other threads, so it would be better to keep it in one place.

PS I tried to keep it realistic so I didn't put the usual suspects like Mourinho, Blanc or Conte here as there's no way we could attract them. Moyes didn't make it as well ;)

Unemployed
Julen Lopetegui (last managed Real Madrid)
Peter Stoger (Borussia Dortmund)
Heiko Herrlich (Bayer Leverkusen)
Vincenzo Montella (Sevilla)
Gustavo Poyet (Bordeaux)
Phillip Cocu (Fenerbahce)

England
Eddie Howe (Bournemouth)
Rafael Benitez (Newcastle)
Marcelo Bielsa (Leeds)

France
Christophe Galtier (Lille)
Bruno Genesio (Lyon)
Thierry Laurey (Strasbourg) - impressive work with Strasbourg, he promoted them to Ligue 1 and they're sitting on 5th place with a League Cup final to follow.
Patrick Vieira (Nice)
Rudi Garcia (Marseille)

Spain
Jose Bordalas (Getafe)
Marcelino (Valencia)
Quique Setien (Betis)

Germany
Adi Hutter (Frankfurt)
Bruno Labbadia (Wolfsburg)

Italy
Gian Piero Gasperini (Atalanta)
Simone Inzaghi (Lazio)
Stefano Pioli (Fiorentina)

Other
Marco Rose (Red Bull Salzburg)
Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Feyenoord)
Steve Clarke (Kilmarnock)
Sergio Conceicao (Porto)

Labbadia, Stoger, Herrlich. Wouldn't touch them with yours mate. Useless.

Montella for me out of all those. Doubt he'd come though.

Surprised there aren’t more shouts for the Wolves manager, is that because people think he hasnt proven enough? or just don’t think he would realistically leave for Everton?
Bearing in mind he’s got the players he wants, he’s got great relationship with Mendes and Wolves owners, I don’t think he would make what looks like a side step move.

If they keeps on going and improve their team, he will be the wanted Man soon. Why would he risk it all to join Everton?

Doubt he'd leave Wolves. They are probably in a stronger position than us with all he needs to succeed.

People won't like this one bit, but I'm coming round to the idea of David Wagner. He took Huddersfield to the PL and kept them up for a season on the budget of a championship relegation battler. Sean Dyche's rim gets licked for far less.

I wouldn't touch Guardiola with a dirty stick right about now because he's exposing himself as a right bottler.

And yet you want Eddie Howe. You are a strange fellow.

Had enough of all the flavour of the month managers we've been going for, if moshiri is serious about getting us to the elite then he needs to get his chequebook out and go all out on a top name,conti, machini,blanc or even Jose,people may laugh at those names but that's the only way that we might break into the top 4.

Had enough of all the flavour of the month managers we've been going for, if moshiri is serious about getting us to the elite then he needs to get his chequebook out and go all out on a top name,conti, machini,blanc or even Jose,people may laugh at those names but that's the only way that we might break into the top 4.

Of all those I actually think Jose is the most realistic. I don't think we're a big enough draw for the others. Jose's low stock right now may mean he has to lower his expectations for his next role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back