Managers within our reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be a German one. Disciplined, professional, passionate. Not here to live on money only and waiting to get sacked no matter the experience.
Peter Stoger is an interesting one. He did very good job at Koeln who are quite big but very underachieving club, so similar to us. He gave them the best season in 25 years, was supported by fans and players when he was sacked and he’s a decent human being - was known for his work in local charities and fundraisings.

Last season he took over at Dortmund when they were 8th and took them to 4th place giving Sancho a debut.

He’s Austrian though ;)

So, lets say we sacked Silva today and hire Mourinho.

Lets ignore his style of play and penchant for 'ready made' peak players.

How exactly is he going to be able to sign the players he wants (through Brands) when the wage budget is maxed out?

No matter if Silva stays or someone else comes in, it's really all about the movement of players which isnt easy looking at the length and value of some of their contracts.

Going from Chelsea, Inter, Real and United where they all have enormous revenue streams to a club with far lower revenue streams and a maxed out wage budget isnt going to be very enticing.

In 2-3 seasons time, when we are able to change 95% of the playing staff and have recycled to high value u25 year old players with strong resale values it would be far easier to sell / buy the players wanted by an elite manager.

To go through this process we need someone who is comfortable building a squad and working under Brands whilst suffering these constraints.

In my opinion, any manager who achieves top 10 (with only 4 notable players in the squad) this season and then top 8 next season whilst rebuilding the squad and adding a lot of value on the books in terms of playing staff is fine.

Exactly.

We had a Mourinho type in Koeman.
Moyes was Ferguson-lite
Martinez was Pep-lite
Silva is Poch-lite.

End of the day, we don't attract the top end managers, we get the diet coke versions and hope it pans out.

A great example of not understanding the situation at the club.
Why? We had a great offer for a 29 year DM that will never be replicated. He's now downing tools and is going to be an absolute liability from game to game. We also have a manager who is utterly out of his depth in this league and working with the calibre of players that he is doing so. Between 3 clubs in the PL there is absolutely no evidence that he can create a long termed push for success, he can't even address short term issues ffs. Him resigning and meaning we wouldn't have had to pay out compo on what is probably our worst manager since Mike Walker is an absolute win.

Silva will get us absolutely nowhere, we had the ability to cash out on Gueye who in all honesty, I don't think we'd miss as the rest of the team is that poor. Instead we're sat with a disgruntled player and a manager who cannot manage a club at all.

Stick to writing lists of fantasy Everton XI's Zat, when you talk about anything else, it's an (even bigger) embarrassment.

Ignoring fantasy I can't see any current options the club could afford which are an improvement on Silva (and I don't really rate him).

We need a proper Coach and leader, who can motivate and foster a team spirit.
It is as important the structure at the club reflects this, we currently struggle with this imo due to, erm, 'transition', and lack of patience due to continued frustration.

I'm stuck down here on the south coast. For the first time in ages I'd have either the Southampton or Bournemouth manager instead of what we have.
The pressure at Everton is rightly immense, but it can eat up and spit out both managers and players. I'd rather have a confident *hole who has more than one tactical plan regardless of his 'pedigree'. It's not a bloody pet show after all.

Surprised there aren’t more shouts for the Wolves manager, is that because people think he hasnt proven enough? or just don’t think he would realistically leave for Everton?

Seems like I forgot to add Jorge Sampaoli, but he had just took over at Santos (4 wins in 4 games btw) and he never managed in non-spanish speaking country, so I doubt he would make a move to Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back