Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Manolo Gabbiadini to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly havent seen either besides clips on youtube and some articles that rate them hugely, Isak - i would guess would be likely to move with only a squad type role with us given his age and current club/league.

Dolberg - we'd have to give guarantees of coming as a starter,. which given we are unlikely to go two up top, i just don't see a player of that quality/hype coming in to sit on the bench or be shoehorned onto the wing

If Dolberg signed then 100% it would mean Rom was off in the summer and Dolbergs agent has been assured that, noty that it will happen anyway - the lads too touted and such for us to get him without someone else acting first

I dont think its the case about Lukaku moving etc...we have no other forwards and i think in a lot of games we could go 2 up top.

I dont think Isak would be an issue as he could come off the bench but Dolberg should be rotated and then up top with rom together next season if we got him.

Now youve lost me...

Pienaar was a link man...he could pass the ball and 'assist the assister'...

Would you call shane long a link?

No Shane Long is a number 9 who leads the line.

I mean you are saying Gabi isnt creative and instead suggesting we buy 2 number 9 strikers instead, Dolberg and Isak arent creative, they lead the line, they would replace Lukakus role in the team.

No Shane Long is a number 9 who leads the line.

I mean you are saying Gabi isnt creative and instead suggesting we buy 2 number 9 strikers instead, Dolberg and Isak arent creative, they lead the line, they would replace Lukakus role in the team.

Honestly not sure on Isak...i just hear hes similar to zlatan so could be a long term lukaku replacement as hes still young.

Dolberg though IS creative...he could play number 9 as a target man with Lukaku off him.

When you look at the squad i think we need 2 more forwards...ideally need 3 good ones

Honestly not sure on Isak...i just hear hes similar to zlatan so could be a long term lukaku replacement as hes still young.

Dolberg though IS creative...he could play number 9 as a target man with Lukaku off him.

When you look at the squad i think we need 2 more forwards...ideally need 3 good ones

You dont use the January window to plan for the future.

You buy the players we need NOW.

So we need a player to link midfield and attack = Gabi
We need a CM who will go up and down = Snides
And we need a wingforward = Depay

if we can do a deal for these 2 kids we will of course try, buy em and stick em in the U18s till the Summer, let Franny teach em.

My Italian father in law reckons Gabbiadini could be a useful addition. He did say we'd have to use him as a second striker/foil for Lukaku for him to be effective. That we should be under no illusions that he's the type to come off the bench for 13 minutes and win the match.
He needs to play.

You dont use the January window to plan for the future.

You buy the players we need NOW.

So we need a player to link midfield and attack = Gabi
We need a CM who will go up and down = Snides
And we need a wingforward = Depay

if we can do a deal for these 2 kids we will of course try, buy em and stick em in the U18s till the Summer, let Franny teach em.

In that case, what will happen if lukaku is out for any number of games?

Clue: We lose.

Isak and Dolberg dont need to be thrown in...the season is going nowhere and we should now be looking to rebuild not signing players to get us 7th instead of 9th

His passing isnt very good...just because he is italian and has an interesting name...

Hes a runner with a great long shot...temperamental and offside alot...

Not going to be a creator whatsoever.

That first line is incredibly patronizing. I'd expect better from you!

His close control and short passing is solid. I can see how he could fit in quite easily with what we have got. Barkley somewhat did it in Lukakus first season where he kept dinking through balls through to him. That is what he could offer and with a bit more speed of thought.

Personally he is not someone I would be rushing out to get but I can certainly see the idea in getting him or someone like him in.

Isak and Dolberg dont need to be thrown in...the season is going nowhere and we should now be looking to rebuild not signing players to get us 7th instead of 9th
or we buy another striker?

Clue:Gabi isn't the only signing we can make next month

His close control and short passing is solid. I can see how he could fit in quite easily with what we have got. Barkley somewhat did it in Lukakus first season where he kept dinking through balls through to him. That is what he could offer and with a bit more speed of thought.

Personally he is not someone I would be rushing out to get but I can certainly see the idea in getting him or someone like him in.

first sentence was just an observation...not directed at you ;)

I just dont see him being effective as a right sided attacker....these types dont work in the prem

The season is going where we want it to.

Europa League.

This season was ALWAYS about this season, why do we need to plan for the future, we dont have a future if we cant get Europa.

Indeed, hes actually bang average, but he fits the profile of the player we require perfectly.

The season is going where we want it to.

Europa League.

This season was ALWAYS about this season, why do we need to plan for the future, we dont have a future if we cant get Europa.

Indeed, hes actually bang average, but he fits the profile of the player we require perfectly.

So what happens if lukaku is out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back