Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Manolo Gabbiadini to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not really a target man though mate.

He drops deep or out wide and that in turn gives more space to a main striker or him the space to turn and shoot (as Zat is saying).

I think Koeman's aim is to go 4-3-3, and the plan is still to have Barks as part of that 3 - it's whether he can get the consistency to do so.

Signing a player like Gabi gives us options to play many formations.

Im gonna be honest, ive delved deeper into his stats, he doesnt score many goals and he doesnt assist many goals, hes barely even played at Napoli the last 2 years or so, but hes available for "only" 20m and its a deal we can get done, hence why I think he will sign, I think he will do well here, hes basically an Italian Naismith, without the niggle.

Signing a player like Gabi gives us options to play many formations.

Im gonna be honest, ive delved deeper into his stats, he doesnt score many goals and he doesnt assist many goals, hes barely even played at Napoli the last 2 years or so, but hes available for "only" 20m and its a deal we can get done, hence why I think he will sign, I think he will do well here, hes basically an Italian Naismith, without the niggle.

I see very little benefit in signing him, and I don't know what Walsh sees in him as he's a stat man first and foremost.

I see very little benefit in signing him, and I don't know what Walsh sees in him as he's a stat man first and foremost.

No. He isn't.

He's a scout. He watches games. He watches what players will offer to a side wanting to play in a way to how, for example, the way Koeman wants to play.

Gabbiadini can do the things Lukaku can't/won't. That'll offer support to Rom, and a link between midfield and attack, which has been sorely lacking.

No. He isn't.

He's a scout. He watches games. He watches what players will offer to a side wanting to play in a way to how, for example, the way Koeman wants to play.

Gabbiadini can do the things Lukaku can't/won't. That'll offer support to Rom, and a link between midfield and attack, which has been sorely lacking.
I read an article all about Kantes stats at Caen when Leicester first signed him so if the national press who are largely clueless we're aware of them so was Walsh.

Walsh is very keen on stats Andre villa boas taught him apparently villa boas is a bit of a genius and invented scouting apps on iPads Walsh talked about how when he first had to use them he was up all night trying to work it.

I read an article all about Kantes stats at Caen when Leicester first signed him so if the national press who are largely clueless we're aware of them so was Walsh.

Walsh is very keen on stats Andre villa boas taught him apparently villa boas is a bit of a genius and invented scouting apps on iPads Walsh talked about how when he first had to use them he was up all night trying to work it.

Yes, of course he will utilise stats to identify targets, but said targets are then scouted and scouted and scouted before they are signed. They aren't just signed based on stats

No. He isn't.

He clearly does love stats, obviously nobody signs a player just on stats without watching them (except whoever signed Niasse apparently) but I'm almost certain we can find a player somewhere who runs around a bit and also either scores or adds assists.

No he isn't. He played a lot as a traditional 'second striker' for Samp as well Zat, and a few times on the left.

He's much more versatile than you're making out, though I don't disagree in his goal-scoring record not been the best.

I remember him vividly at Sampdoria (thats a lie lol). Actually remember seeing him and wondering how he always got into great positions and was amazed by his wonder goals from long range.

He looked brilliant! But then i noticed his arm waving and temperamental attitude (the continental drama queen type) and he was offside a lot like inzaghi level.

Youre right that hes been played everywhere across the front line but i dont think hes very effective apart from when hes on the right cutting inside.

He's not really a target man though mate.

He drops deep or out wide and that in turn gives more space to a main striker or him the space to turn and shoot (as Zat is saying).

I think Koeman's aim is to go 4-3-3, and the plan is still to have Barks as part of that 3 - it's whether he can get the consistency to do so.

I have not once said he is a target man! Where are you getting that from? Short passes played around the box that he can move on quickly and effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back