Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he did not. Gomes was 25, the only one was Delph.

It's not made up AT ALL. I'm not talking about frees, I'm talking about buying players. Thus the term "BUYS" that I used in the post. Bringing in a free for experience is fine.

But otherwise - Iwobi, Kean, Gomes, Richy, Mina, Digne, Bernard.

But go find me a couple from AZ and PSV. Good luck with that one.
It is made up. Delph, Lossl and Sidibe are all over 25. You can argue semantics over what 'buy' means all you want, but your point was about longer term strategy and growth. You can't just discount loans and frees in that because they don't fit with what you want the strategy to be. I haven't got time to check now, but according to a post I made last January, Brands signed 5 players aged over 27 in his last 3 years at PSV. I will have checked that at the time, i'm not one for just making stuff up, unlike some...

Older players aren’t always bad signings Mr Gareth Barry.
Recently they have been and we have been hamstrung by being able to move them on.

Add Walcott to my original list as well.

I'd rather us not sign anyone over 25, I know that's going a bit full @Zatara , but at least we can convince other teams there's some value in younger players if they don't make it here and the wage usually isn't something that will prevent another club taking them on like it does with these older lads.

That does imply there were a lot of players lobbed out for nowt.
No, it makes perfect sense to say that not all players were released because their contracts expired, and then prove that by naming two who left on a free before their contracts expired.

No he did not. Gomes was 25, the only one was Delph.

It's not made up AT ALL. I'm not talking about frees, I'm talking about buying players. Thus the term "BUYS" that I used in the post. Bringing in a free for experience is fine.

But otherwise - Iwobi, Kean, Gomes, Richy, Mina, Digne, Bernard.

But go find me a couple from AZ and PSV. Good luck with that one.

Danny Koevermans
Joey Didulica
Orlando Engelaar
Przemyslaw Tyton

Could go on. All had transfer fees. Then there are the free transfers of people like Van Bommel (35) who would have had significant signing on fees.

Its astounding that posters dont understand Brands role by now.

Its also amazing that they believe the players they comment on as being unable to play football would be snapped up at astronomical wages by other teams.

Is it so hard to understand that no one will pay £50k and £30k a week to Niasse and Cuco?

I mean its not a rubix cube.
A blind man with no arms would have a better chance of completing a rubix cube than anyone would trying to sell Naisse and CUCU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back