Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a strange one to bash him with? He brought two defensive midfielders into the club and two of the players you have listed there where hardly in the first team picture at all.

You have plenty of actual ammunition to attack Brands with so I don't know why you need to clutch at these straws.

Id disagree personally, your looking for skills, planning skills, player trading skills, the ability to plan for worst case scenarios and depth. Somehow we’ve ended up playing warm bodies at 6 out of position but let three go in the last Summer window. It’s undermined our season, I think it’s very justifiable to question that decision making. Oh and paying just South of 40mill for the privilege.

Id disagree personally, your looking for skills, planning skills, player trading skills, the ability to plan for worst case scenarios and depth. Somehow we’ve ended up playing warm bodies at 6 out of position but let three go in the last Summer window. It’s undermined our season, I think it’s very justifiable to question that decision making. Oh and paying just South of 40mill for the privilege.

Besic was already out on loan last season so wasn't even a squad player and Jimmy Mac was behind Tom Davies amongst others in the pecking order, and that's when he was fit which was hardly ever.

I think you're really splitting hairs. Delph has turned out to be a dreadful signing which you can criticise Brands for but he's basically just replaced Jimmy Mac as an injury prone midfielder who's never fit. The only real trade we've made was Gana for Gbamin which hasn't worked at all but we've been extremely unlucky on that one.

Saying all that, he needs to bring two centre mids in this summer. I'm sure he knows that.

Besic was already out on loan last season so wasn't even a squad player and Jimmy Mac was behind Tom Davies amongst others in the pecking order, and that's when he was fit which was hardly ever.

I think you're really splitting hairs. Delph has turned out to be a dreadful signing which you can criticise Brands for but he's basically just replaced Jimmy Mac as an injury prone midfielder who's never fit. The only real trade we've made was Gana for Gbamin which hasn't worked at all but we've been extremely unlucky on that one.

Saying all that, he needs to bring two centre mids in this summer. I'm sure he knows that.

Again I disagree mate, each decision, was a decision made and in any walk of life you are accountable for your decisions. We had three players who could play 6 to some renown, be it an FA Cup winner, World Cup player or a player coveted by CL elite, all international footballers you can frame it any way you like really.

The end product is the same, the midfield wasteland has undermined the season, not even one of the worlds best managers ever can paper over the cracks, we’re playing with warm bodies there now and turning 10s into 6’s. Yet somebody decided it was a good idea to plough ahead letting three leave. Think it’s perfectly rational to call that poor decision making, given the real world and undermining impact its had on the season, I would see that as more then just splitting hairs given the unravelling impact.

Again I disagree mate, each decision, was a decision made and in any walk of life you are accountable for your decisions. We had three players who could play 6 to some renown, be it an FA Cup winner, World Cup player or a player coveted by CL elite, all international footballers you can frame it any way you like really.

The end product is the same, the midfield wasteland has undermined the season, not even one of the worlds best managers ever can paper over the cracks, we’re playing with warm bodies there now and turning 10s into 6’s. Yet somebody decided it was a good idea to plough ahead letting three leave. Think it’s perfectly rational to call that poor decision making, given the real world and undermining impact its had on the season, I would see that as more then just splitting hairs given the unravelling impact.

Hindsight is wonderful.

Dont recall anybody being upset when we sold an injury-prone McCarthy or loaned out Besic for the last 3 years.

Gana was a different thing, he was a player who wanted to leave and we received a good fee for him, considering PSG were bidding against themselves.

We thought Gmblammo could do the job and Delph as back up, but I suppose Brands should have seen that Gmblammo would suffer 2 very serious injuries 1 after each other.

Hindsight is wonderful.

Dont recall anybody being upset when we sold an injury-prone McCarthy or loaned out Besic for the last 3 years.

Gana was a different thing, he was a player who wanted to leave and we received a good fee for him, considering PSG were bidding against themselves.

We thought Gmblammo could do the job and Delph as back up, but I suppose Brands should have seen that Gmblammo would suffer 2 very serious injuries 1 after each other.

I still maintain a fit Besic was better than any other central midfield option we had but I’m in a definite minority on that view.

Superb listen that to be fair.

This filters down from the top, what type of club are we what do we want to be.

Our chairman and chief executive are out of their depth and need to be moved on.

Brands needs to tear up everything from academy down.

We have to sign Everton players, more Tim Cahills and less Iwobi / Sigurdssons.
Tbf to the Esk he nails Moshiri

He has had one good year and one poor one so this coming window seems pivotal for him especially with his contract up even though I think he will sign an extension. He has made a good start so far selling Schneiderlin and getting 2M for Hornby is great plus picking up Nkounkou on a free seems pretty smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back