Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the start of the 20/21 season the squad will be managed by Ancelotti and could very likely have James Rodriguez, Allan, Doucoure, Richarlison, Digne, Gomes in it.

When Brands became DOF the squad was managed by Allardyce and had 1 decent player in Gueye with the rest horribly average.

That is improvement.
That's subjective and open to contest.

We finished 8th in the PL when he joined; he's overseen us slipping well into the bottom half of the table. And the players coming in like James and Allan are nothing to do with Brands, just as our best player Richarlison was nothing to do with him.

We finished 8th in the PL when he joined; he's overseen us slipping well into the bottom half of the table. And the players coming in like James and Allan are nothing to do with Brands, just as our best player Richarlison was nothing to do with him.

Hang on, I thought you were all about points? 72 and 5th is better than 61 and 4th isn’t it?

17/18 - 49 points
18/19 - 54 points
19/29 - 49 points

Cobsidering we had a managerial change, an injury crisis, and a pandemic last season and still matched the 17/18 total. Where exactly is the regression?

Brands is responsible for the entire football side of the club. Managers, players, scouting, academy, transfers, coaching. It’s all his kingdom. It’s in the job title. Ancelotti reports to him.

Hang on, I thought you were all about points? 72 and 5th is better than 61 and 4th isn’t it?

17/18 - 49 points
18/19 - 54 points
19/29 - 49 points

Cobsidering we had a managerial change, an injury crisis, and a pandemic last season and still matched the 17/18 total. Where exactly is the regression?

Brands is responsible for the entire football side of the club. Managers, players, scouting, academy, transfers, coaching. It’s all his kingdom. It’s in the job title. Ancelotti reports to him.
£200M to get 49 points. You're making my point.

No id give Brands credit for that, i'm not really criticizing him, i hope both are working in partnership, but lets be honest the big link here is Carlo.

With the credit i mention above on the price, i think you also have to factor in, if we had signed effectively last season i.e. better then Delph and Iwobi, would we need to do it again this summer in similar positions?

We have spent a lot of money to get to this point, so you cant look at Allan or Jamo or the need to have them in isolation from the cost of bad recruitment and last summers mistakes and what looks like wasted significant money on Delph and Iwobi. We're wallpapering over the cracks of bad recruitment last summer and now left with an overhang, with Delph and Iwobi, its a horrible waste of good resources.

We also look to have abandoned the Brands strategy of under 25 or whatever, again another nod to Carlo's finger prints here, im not against that really.
I doubt if top players were lining up to sign for Marco though
oh and I know ricarlison signed due to Marco

I am finding it very suspicious the amount of love in this forum for Brands. The guy is a fraud and clearly incompetent. Thank god Ancelotti is taking control and shaping the squad to his liking. Some people have a very bad memory...we finished 12th!!! Delph and Iwobi have been shocking signings that has cost us dearly this last season...
IF Carlo signs James and Allan what makes you think it was not Marco who signed Delph and Iwobi

So you're saying, let me get this straight, Brands has nothing to do with signing James or Allan?

How did we manage under Silva, can't recall!!!

17/18 - 49 points
18/19 - 54 points
19/29 - 49 points

That may be but IMO it is Carlo who pinpoints the players he wants to Marcel.

IF Carlo signs James and Allan what makes you think it was not Marco who signed Delph and Iwobi
Sure...can see Silva convincing Iwobi and delph to join...not really. Silva played a huge role in getting Richy...the rest i am sure was all Brands or who knows Moshiri...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back