Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did brands have nothing to do with ancelotti coming on board?
By all accounts Usmanov wanted Carlo from day 1 and it was only after he was sacked by Napoli did he agree to come
Carlo is all down to Usmanov ,or should I say Usmanovs wallet
Thats why along with Allan James Doucoure I am expecting at least 2 more first choice players to arrive in this window.
Small time frame due to Carlos age and come the opening day of next season If we see 2 players from this season starting (Ricarlison,Digne ) that is all I would expect

....here’s how I think it works:

The DoF and Manager agree a playing strategy, analyse the squad, determine the positions that need strengthening and the ‘types‘ of player that fit (as well as those that are surplus to requirements, those to be offered new deals etc). The DoF identifies targets, the Manager will throw his twopenneth in if there’s specific players he wants.

The DoF works with the Board on budget. He has a spend envelope. Working with the Manager he prioritises acquisitions based on monies available. The manager and DoF have the power of veto.

The DoF scope includes Academy strategy, manager & coach appointments etc.

The DoF is accountable for all signings, good and bad. Some will be generated by the Manager and there’s no doubt Ancelotti’s reputation and personal intervention will help secure players. The DoF would be mad not to exploit Ancelotti’s reputation.

If a team is to be successful, the DoF and Manager have to work as a team and be on the same page. Their appointments are the most important in the club.

What happens with Brand’s contract situation in coming months will tell us lots about how the process is working at EFC.
More like a suitcase if Uzzy is supplying the cash lol

He has been completely sidelined. None of Rodriguez, Allan, and Doucoure could be attributed to him.

Still scant sign of a scouting process leading to any signings either.

Would make you question what he does here and what value he adds.

He has been completely sidelined. None of Rodriguez, Allan, and Doucoure could be attributed to him.

We got linked to Donkeree last summer when Carlo wasn't here, but now he's a Carlo signing?

You people.

Ancelotti has zero input in transfer negotiations other than helping convince a player. A transfer only occurs because of Brands.
Exactly mate.
Some idiotic points on here imo. Do lads really think that Carlo haggles down prices etc. ?
Unbelievable.

Yes. It's as easy to tell a Brands signing from an Ancelotti signing as it was to tell a Walsh signing from a Koemageddon signing.

I find it quite mad that people don’t think Carlo isn’t the common denominator with Allan & Jamo here to be honest, how much compelling evidence do you need.

If we get Doucoure all credit to Brands, he’s been after him for a while.

Hopefully evidence both are working together, once Everton get better thats fine, we can speculate and all have different opinions on the dynamic.

Id speculate Carlo, wields a significant influence personally.

It doesn't occur that Silva was his manager, just like Richarlison, or does Marcel the maestro get credit for that as well?

So is it silva or Ancelotti?

lollollollol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back