Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to act this week three in at least, ship six or seven out. Big week for him.

I can’t see why your getting lol’d at for this I think you’ll be bang in the money with the only thing being wrong is the this week bit.

It’ll go right up to the window closing but I’d bet big money that this is what we’ll see.

There will be loads of players he’s got half way out the door now and as soon as he gets his targets in, which generally happens as we get closer to deadlines, he’ll give them the ok to move on.

The hardest player for us to move has already gone in Klassen who’s done nothing to justify a big money move or the wages, no English club would buy him.

Players like Keane, Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Williams etc, I reckon there will be loads of clubs thinking they can get a tune out of them again as they’ve already been a success in this league. As soon as we get targets in, these will be out.

We won’t replace them all but we will replace some.

3 in, 6 out.....I’m very confident that’s the minimum we’ll see.

No. He's a Director of Football. Our Chief Scout reports to him.
He is responsible for all the football decisions and the general direction of the club at all levels.
His job title is self descriptive really.
But surely this places him above the actual manager in the hierarchy? I know some people laud this system as it is popular on the continent, but if just seems to add more red tape and take away power from the most important member of staff at the club.

Yes he is, mate. He's known in the industry as a "transfer guru". He's not known for being a chairman who decides the direction of a club, and he's not known as a coach or manager who decides who & what the tactics/team will be.

Brands' job at PSV was in charge of transfer policy and youth development. A little more responsibility than a chief scout, perhaps.
I just think that should be the managers job - more cooks in the kitchen, etc.

I just think that should be the managers job - more cooks in the kitchen, etc.

I agree, mate. The Walsh/Koeman combi didn't work either.

I understand the argument that the modern manager's job has become too complex for one man, but I'd still prefer the manager making the signings (Moyes did pretty well for us in that regard).

The most important man at the club was the chairman, he appointed the manager, sacked them etc now with all these foreign owners they have a DOF, actual people with football experience and experience doing it so they can concentrate on the business side of things.

Surely it’s better to have a tried and tested football person choosing managers, sacking managers, doing negotiations etc rather than someone like Bill Kenwright.

Surely it’s better to have a tried and tested football person choosing managers, sacking managers, doing negotiations etc rather than someone like Bill Kenwright.

I don't know, mate. Under Kenwright we had Moyes & Martinez and many bright moments. For a non-football man he did alright in that department.

I don't know, mate. Under Kenwright we had Moyes & Martinez and many bright moments. For a non-football man he did alright in that department.
Yeah - it’s not rocket science. Whatever you say about Moyes and Martinez, I always felt they had EFC’s best interests at heart. And for whatever his faults, so did Kenwright. Koeman and Silva seem like self-interested mercenaries and Moshiri seems dodgier than a two bob bit.

I'm fairly confident this fella isn't daft. I think he has deadlines for Digne and Mina to give us an answer, maybe today, and will move onto other targets. Think it's an impossible job to get everything we need this window.

Yeah - it’s not rocket science. Whatever you say about Moyes and Martinez, I always felt they had EFC’s best interests at heart. And for whatever his faults, so did Kenwright. Koeman and Silva seem like self-interested mercenaries and Moshiri seems dodgier than a two bob bit.

Aye, nicely put.

Also have a bad vibe about Silva, looked at objectively:

his head got turned by a fat salary from another club and his club's form then nose-dived. He couldn't stop the rot so gets sacked, gets no other job offers for 6 months, then joins the club that turned his head at the same fat salary he was initially promised.

It's not a good look, for him nor the club.

Got his work cut out in the next 11 days, we are looking every bit as bad as last year, whilst not surprising given it's the same players, I was hoping Marco would have had some sort of impact. Anyway it's pre season but it's still not good viewing.

A lot of work to do on the transfer front, but I think we'll be seeing the benefits of having a person who knows how to put a system in place this season.

First and foremost though, has to get these deals over the line. We need at least three players, probably four. Massive two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back