Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, nicely put.

Also have a bad vibe about Silva, looked at objectively:

his head got turned by a fat salary from another club and his club's form then nose-dived. He couldn't stop the rot so gets sacked, gets no other job offers for 6 months, then joins the club that turned his head at the same fat salary he was initially promised.

It's not a good look, for him nor the club.
Do we really know if he had other job offers ?

Thankfully due to our finances, he can pay over the odds in the last couple of days to land targets should it be necessary. We all know we need two centre backs, I said last summer I'd only accept Keane if we bought another centre back because I knew he wasn't good enough.

I wouldn't have sold mori because I think he was a decent back up, and because I knew that would mean we'd definitely need two more centre backs because of the utter crap we've got left behind. But we still have Jan as well. The season won't be judged on the first few months, we're trying to build something, but we'll get one centre back in this window and then hopefully plan better to get someone else in Jan after more assessing.

Do we really know if he had other job offers ?

We haven't heard any rumours saying he's had any interest from other clubs. And why would there be? He's hardly a big catch, he averages less than a full season per each club he's been with. In his last job, he was sacked by mighty Watford.

Martinez, Koeman even Allardyce had pedigree. We're taking a big risk with Silva.

And to bring it back to Brands: Marcel doesn't pick the team nor choose the tactics, ultimately his job pales into significance in comparison with the responsibility Silva has.

We haven't heard any rumours saying he's had any interest from other clubs. And why would there be? He's hardly a big catch, he averages less than a full season per each club he's been with. In his last job, he was sacked by mighty Watford.

Martinez, Koeman even Allardyce had pedigree. We're taking a big risk with Silva.

And to bring it back to Brands: Marcel doesn't pick the team nor choose the tactics, ultimately his job pales into significance in comparison with the responsibility Silva has.
We have to support him, and see how it goes, are you suggesting we get shut ?

We have to support him, and see how it goes, are you suggesting we get shut ?

Nope. I'm suggesting we're taking a big risk signing Silva. I'm also suggesting that Brands' position isn't as important as some on here are making out: i.e. the signings we make aren't the key, it's what they do on the pitch that's the important bit.

Basically I'm saying Silva is far more important than Brands, and Marco has to prove he's worth that responsibility as he comes without any prior pedigree (and no, winning in Greece doesn't count).

Naturally I hope he pleasantly surprises us. But if results/performances are under-par, it won't be Brands' fault.

Nope. I'm suggesting we're taking a big risk signing Silva. I'm also suggesting that Brands' position isn't as important as some on here are making out: i.e. the signings we make aren't the key, it's what they do on the pitch that's the important bit.

Basically I'm saying Silva is far more important than Brands, and Marco has to prove he's worth that responsibility as he comes without any prior pedigree (and no, winning in Greece doesn't count).

Naturally I hope he pleasantly surprises us. But if results/performances are under-par, it won't be Brands' fault.
I questioned you on the fact,that we don't know if Silva was approached by other clubs. and added that we have to support him,considering he has only just arrived, but I will leave it there, cheers, it's all about opinions.

I questioned you on the fact,that we don't know if Silva was approached by other clubs. and added that we have to support him,considering he has only just arrived, but I will leave it there, cheers, it's all about opinions.

Supporting him should go without saying, he's Everton now. At least until a good half-a-season has been played.

But he's got a lot to prove still, more so than Brands. That's the discussion we're having basically, as Brands seems to already have been installed by some on here as the go-to if things go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back