Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okay we go down your route of missing out on signings, getting dicked game after game with no defensive solidity, heads in the squad drop as standard and Silva is gone by December and another season of turmoil and chop/change.

How people can defend going into the last couple of days of the TW with just Jags, Keane and Holgate as CB options and Schnerderlin still 1st choice DM is astonishing.

It all hinges on Mina being confirmed, but if this is how it ends up, and assuming we won't regret letting go of Robles, then I think it's been decent work from our Dof.

In:

Mina
Digne
Richarlison

Out:

Williams
Klaasen
Robles
Rooney
Mirallas
Mori

It was important to sign players who are good footballers, I think we've done that with them 3, plus get rid of some dead weight on the wage bill, and we've done that too. Ideally we'd still want a chance-making playmaker plus a bull-dozing forward, but that's fantasy-talk.

Okay we go down your route of missing out on signings, getting dicked game after game with no defensive solidity, heads in the squad drop as standard and Silva is gone by December and another season of turmoil and chop/change.

How people can defend going into the last couple of days of the TW with just Jags, Keane and Holgate as CB options and Schnerderlin still 1st choice DM is astonishing.
I think people are giving the new regeime a chance.

I think people are giving the new regeime a chance.
Absolutely, and doing a fine job getting rid of the heavy wages weighing us down. People seem to think we aren't doing anything cos we aren't linked with anyone.... Digne said talk started over 2 months ago, yet we only heard maybe 3 weeks ago. Richarlison rumour came and went and then it happened. Marcel will try and sign what Silva wants, and if that means Schneids in the middle of the park still, I'll get behind it.

It all hinges on Mina being confirmed, but if this is how it ends up, and assuming we won't regret letting go of Robles, then I think it's been decent work from our Dof.

In:

Mina
Digne
Richarlison

Out:

Williams
Klaasen
Robles
Rooney
Mirallas
Mori

It was important to sign players who are good footballers, I think we've done that with them 3, plus get rid of some dead weight on the wage bill, and we've done that too. Ideally we'd still want a chance-making playmaker plus a bull-dozing forward, but that's fantasy-talk.
If Mina is done by Monday or Tuesday I'd be willing to bet we get someone in on deadline day. Might be a loan but I think it will happen

In:

Mina
Digne
Richarlison

Out:

Williams
Klaasen
Robles
Rooney
Mirallas
Mori

Something tells me there will be a few more outs on the last day.

Not particularly impressed by the Dithering Dutchman so far.

No centre back and no time to bed one in before the season starts is a big red X next to his name for me. He must do better next window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back